Board index The Mighty Crusaders Network MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD! Dark Circle Comics solicits

Dark Circle Comics solicits

This is the Message Board for the Mighty Crusaders Network!

Moderators: Captain Sprocket, leonmallett, Rik

Post Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:32 am
leonmallett User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

So the re-branded line begins anew (is it anew if Freak Magnet is in continuity?) with the Black Hood:

http://www.firstcomicsnews.com/?p=123519

BLACK HOOD #1
NEW ONGOING SERIES from the brand new DARK CIRCLE imprint! “The Bullet’s Kiss – Part 1 of 5” When Philadelphia police officer Greg Hettinger stepped into the middle of a gunfight, hot lead shredded his face—and he pulled the trigger, blind. Now Greg is waking up in a world where he’s a killer, hopelessly scarred and hooked on painkillers. What does a man do when he can no longer face the world, yet still wants to do good? He puts on a hood…
Script: Duane Swierczynski
Art: Michael Gaydos, Kelly Fitzpatrick, Rachel Deering
Die-cut Cover: Michael Gaydos
Variant Covers: David Mack, Francesco Francavilla, Howard Chaykin, David Williams
On Sale Date: 2/25
32-page, full color comic
$3.99 U.S.
Discovering new superhero worlds through the MLJ/Mighty Crusaders legacy...

Post Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:30 pm
captainzero User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

I'm looking forward to anew BLACK HOOD!!
WHOA!! (word play.)
I'm ready to see the beginning of the Dark Circle Comics Universe... and, like always, wish them the best.!!

Post Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:40 pm
Calum User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

Hmm.

I was enjoying the New Crusaders versions which were set in the present day of the existing Red Circle/MLJ universe.

Maybe this is the next step of the Black Hood's legacy though. Either way, i look forward to seeing it.
PS: Hey! Check out my music at http://www.calumsmusic.com and fill your ears with happiness!

Post Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:15 pm
Fly-Man User avatar
Poor
Poor

I'm so disappointed...I really wish Red Circle wouldn't jump on this "dark" bandwagon that's been rolling since the late '80s. If I want bleak, grim, cynical super hero stories, I can go buy DC and Marvel comic books. I read Archie because I want fun and adventure. I enjoyed the New Crusaders comic and hoped for more, even though I missed the original versions of those characters. The Fox was in the right tone but personally found the story uninteresting to the point that I haven't even read the last two issues yet. Man, why does the Black Hood need to be scarred and violent? No thanks, I'll pass...I hope this isn't a portent of what Archie plans to do with its super hero line across the board.

Return to MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD!