Board index The Mighty Crusaders Network MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD! CREATORS that you would like to see at RED CIRCLE??

CREATORS that you would like to see at RED CIRCLE??

This is the Message Board for the Mighty Crusaders Network!

Moderators: Captain Sprocket, leonmallett, Rik

captainzero User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

We see creators like Mark Waid and Dean Haspiel coming to work their "magic" at Red Circle.

Who would you like to see "help out"???

I would like to see Michael Cho come to RC and do a few (many) issues of The MIGHTY CRUSADERS.
I saw his work in the Batman: Black and White....the first story. Love that style.

leonmallett User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

Michael Avon Oeming.

Paul Grist.

Kurt Busiek.

Roger Robinson.

Scott McDaniel.

Just a few for a start. ,!-- s:) -->:),!-- s:) -->
Discovering new superhero worlds through the MLJ/Mighty Crusaders legacy...

Calum User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

Grant Morrison (on New Crusaders, for at least twelve issues). His recent run in Action Comics is great, i'm just reading through it now.

Peter Milligan as writer, with i don't know which artist, and Darwyn Cooke as writer/artist on seperate short stories and team ups in some sort of Mighty Comics format showcase title, each story featuring different characters in the past as well as the present.

Alex Ross, on any project he likes! I imagine he would do a Mighty Crusaders book, i mean i expect the best thing would be if he could do something like Kingdom Come with the whole MLJ/Red Circle history, i'd love to see Ross' take on The Comet or The Shield from the '40s, and have it all tied together Watchmen style.

James Robinson, i think his writing has real soul, and something in me nags that i would like to see him tackling a "History of the Black Hood" type of comic.

I'd like to see Geoff Johns working on something, but i guess he's quite busy at the moment!

You know technically Alan Moore is in the running, since it's not DC Comics there's nothing really ruling him out, so perhaps i want to see him working on a couple of six-issue miniseries. One could feature a sort of Mighty Crusaders story, but not necessarily the entire team, at one time anyway. Again though Alan Moore could really be let loose on whatever he wanted. I fancy the other miniseries would actually be exclusively about the characters published by MLJ in the 1940s.

And i think that's about it. Once Red Circle gets through that list i'm sure i'll have thought of one or two more i'd like to see! ;^)
PS: Hey! Check out my music at http://www.calumsmusic.com and fill your ears with happiness!

leonmallett User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

While some of those I think would miss the tone needed for this line as it is, I think James Robinson could be an excellent choice. ,!-- s:) -->:),!-- s:) -->
Discovering new superhero worlds through the MLJ/Mighty Crusaders legacy...

Calum User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

Frank Miller and Jim Lee on The Black Hood would be amazing.

And to be honest Ellis Goodson and Wayne Truman* would be a great pencil/ink choice for an ongoing The Fox series, though i think Red Circle want big names to pull in sales, not just talented people.

* from The Scythe, serialised in Ms Tree volume one (Eclipse), issues 2-7.
PS: Hey! Check out my music at http://www.calumsmusic.com and fill your ears with happiness!

Bob Fujitani ( Hangman ), Steve Ditko ( The Fly / Fly Girl )

Fly-Man User avatar
Poor
Poor

I'd like to see Ditko on the Fly again.

Most of the artists and writers I'd like to see are dead now, or no longer working.

I'd love to see someone write and draw upbeat, fun super hero comics that don't take themselves or their subject matter so seriously. Comics can be good without being "dark" and "gritty."

I'd also like to see some colorists who realize the world isn't all weird brown wash and gloomy colors.

Return to MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD!