Board index The Mighty Crusaders Network MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD! The board has been very quiet lately...

The board has been very quiet lately...

This is the Message Board for the Mighty Crusaders Network!

Moderators: Captain Sprocket, leonmallett, Rik

Post Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:51 pm
Captain Sprocket User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

The MCMB has been very quiet lately. My guess is there is not a lot of enthusiasm for the new Red Circle product (New Crusaders, Fox-Shield series). Your thoughts?

leonmallett User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

Captain Sprocket wrote:
The MCMB has been very quiet lately. My guess is there is not a lot of enthusiasm for the new Red Circle product (New Crusaders, Fox-Shield series). Your thoughts?

I have enjoyed the Fox/Shield stuff and the New Crusaders, but wish there was more each month and a clearer signal about future books.
Discovering new superhero worlds through the MLJ/Mighty Crusaders legacy...

Back from limbo.....
I think most of the newer MLJ/red/dark Circle readers arent here,
because they read and write about the new titles in a generic ( superhero ) comic forum.

"The Fox" was a small surprise hit here in Germany, really dont know why.
Seems that quite a lot of Marvel/DC fans ordered the book, but all other "Circle" titles
arent selling very well.
But "Inferno" was also a surprise hit 2-3 years ago.

Fly-Man User avatar
Poor
Poor

Well, they certainly aren't doing much promotion that I have seen. I didn't even know there was a Black Bood series or a new Shield series until I read it on here yesterday. And I used to visit the Archie site until there just were no updates for a long time and then just links to reviews of stuff I already read. If there are new Archie super hero comics on the newsstand or shelf, I haven't heard about them. And I'm someone who really would like to see a real revival of some of the characters that I have enjoyed like the RalphHardy Jaguar, the Web and his hen-pecking wife, the Fly (although I guess they gave up the rights), and so on. I also wish they would introduce new characters sometimes rather than just making new versions of characters I liked better in earlier incarnations. It does dampen my enthusiasm.

Defiant1 User avatar
Poor
Poor

I see things have pretty much died down here. I've been through several computers since I was here last. I rediscovered a link to this board on my old message board and clicked it to see if it worked. I was shocked to see that not only had my username and saved password been migrated to my new Windows 10 computer, but that it actually worked to login also. I never really had a lot to contribute. I was never very familiar with the characters.

Defiant1

captainzero User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

Defiant1 wrote:
I see things have pretty much died down here. I've been through several computers since I was here last. I rediscovered a link to this board on my old message board and clicked it to see if it worked. I was shocked to see that not only had my username and saved password been migrated to my new Windows 10 computer, but that it actually worked to login also. I never really had a lot to contribute. I was never very familiar with the characters.

Defiant1

Yeah, seems like things are pretty quiet here. ... And I'm familiar with the characters.
Seems like our heroes have lost their 'steam'. They've turned very 'dark' ... and the MLJ heroes are almost forgotten.
Despite my attempts to breath life into them or this site.

I've been a lonely voice here... wanting to see the return of the MLJ heroes...
I want to see the return of The Wizard, the Shield, Black Hood, Steel Sterling, and some of the others and would like to see them compete with the DC and Marvel heroes.
Not much support for their return.

Defiant1 User avatar
Poor
Poor

captainzero wrote:
Defiant1 wrote:

Defiant1

Yeah, seems like things are pretty quiet here. ... And I'm familiar with the characters.
Seems like our heroes have lost their 'steam'. They've turned very 'dark' ... and the MLJ heroes are almost forgotten.
Despite my attempts to breath life into them or this site.

I've been a lonely voice here... wanting to see the return of the MLJ heroes...
I want to see the return of The Wizard, the Shield, Black Hood, Steel Sterling, and some of the others and would like to see them compete with the DC and Marvel heroes.
Not much support for their return.

This has been a pretty common theme among fans of defunct or stagnant universes in the comics world. The MLJ heroes have their age going against them. A smaller number of collectors remember them. I don't think the modern art styles and coloring would really improve upon what the fans want to see. I'm trying to get over the sentimental longing for the past. I'm able to walk better going forward when I'm not looking back so much.

Defiant1

Return to MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD!