Board index The Mighty Crusaders Network MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD! How good are DC Crusaders comics?

How good are DC Crusaders comics?

This is the Message Board for the Mighty Crusaders Network!

Moderators: Captain Sprocket, leonmallett, Rik

Post Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:21 pm
nrocket Poor
Poor

Without spoilers let me know if they are worth picking up thanks.

Post Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:47 am
leonmallett User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

nrocket wrote:
Without spoilers let me know if they are worth picking up thanks.

I think it depends on who you ask! That is not being facetious, I promise, but rather that they do divide opinion.

For me the !mpact line had some good books that I really enjoyed (Crusaders, Comet, Crucible, Jaguar) and two real gems in the Black Hood (my favourite !mpact book) and The Fly.

From the DC-Red Circle stable, I enjoyed all the work, I just wish there had been time to explain more about some of the secondary characters (like Comet, Mr. Justice who had a one-panel cameo, Steel Sterling, War Eagle). The Web had a brilliant premise in my opinion, but is one of those things that may put some fans of the original incarnation off. I liked the reinvention of the Hangman. The Shield felt like he was modernized in a positive way. Inferno took too much time to gain any traction, which I think hurt the story and character development at least if you are looking for straight-up superheroics, and was in fact arguably hampered by the most interesting aspect of its premise (a kind of Bourne movies meets superheroics).
Discovering new superhero worlds through the MLJ/Mighty Crusaders legacy...

Post Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:47 am
leonmallett User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

And by the way, welcome aboard.

A hint, avoid the smileys! LOL.
Discovering new superhero worlds through the MLJ/Mighty Crusaders legacy...

Post Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:17 am
nrocket Poor
Poor

leonmallett wrote:
And by the way, welcome aboard.

A hint, avoid the smileys! LOL.

Got it Thanks a lot.

Post Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:45 pm
Captain Sprocket User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

The Captain thinks DC's Web was excellent-plus!

Post Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:22 pm
Calum User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

The Web was pretty good, and The Shield was pretty good too, for a super-soldier type comic, and the four Red Circle "one shots" are a must too if you're getting the Web and Shield. I personally felt the actual seven issues of The Mighty Crusaders were less good though. A bit rushed and hectic, the usual DC failings from this period.

Again the !mpact stuff was very good, but i thought the individual titles all worked better than "The Crusaders" title itself, though it feeds into the (i thought) excellent "Crucible" miniseries which puts a finale to the !mpact storyline(s).

By the way, i just put up some DC Red Circle stuff on ebay.co.uk if you're interested and i also have a complete collection of !mpact from the nineties that is about to get listed on ebay unless someone wants to make me a (reasonable) offer for some or all of it.

(HERE IS my ebay listings page)

PS: Hey! Check out my music at http://www.calumsmusic.com and fill your ears with happiness!

Return to MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD!