Board index The Mighty Crusaders Network Ongoing Fan Fiction Crissis On Infinate Earths: Red Circle

Crissis On Infinate Earths: Red Circle

Unfinished fan fiction. Works in progress.

Moderator: Rik

Post Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:28 am
A-dog User avatar
Good/Very Good
Good/Very Good

alright, here we go. I thought of this about a month ago. I was wondering what would have happened had DC had the Red Circle guys back in 86 when the COIE went down.

this is my vision of a comic I'd like to see get published one day. the story is simple: what happens when a very peaceful world is confronted with the COIE. It's my version of how this story should be done.

the characters are my interpretation of the crusaders from the 80's if they are wrong, I'm sorry. I dont' have a whole lot of research material so I did my best. Everything will be explained as we go along.

dc characters will be making appearances but only if needed. you can't tell a COIE story without pariah or the monitor or the anti monitor.

when I write a story Ilike to give panel by panel breakdowns along with the dialogue that I envision. if there is a bettter way to do it let me know. I understand tht it is sometimes confusing but it's the best I can do.

PAGE ONE;

Panel 1-view of Earth. There is no anti matter anywhere to be seen.

Text-some universes are like direct copies of others. Some are like looking in a mirror. Some are totally individualistic. Regardless the eventual outcome is the same. No universe can survive the curse that eventually follows me.

Panel 2-this panel is white, no details just white.
The word “NOOOOOOO” is across the panel with the following text box on the bottom:

I’m forced to go from earth to earth and watch them die never doing anything to help. I’m forced to watch worlds at the end of their existence.

Panel 3-Panel is still white but Pariah appears with his hood on. We can see his tear filled eyes but that’s the only detail we can make out of his face. He is reaching out as if to grab someone with one hand (probably to pull them from the anti matter wave). He is still screaming “noooooo”

PAGE TWO

Splash panel-the background has changed from pariah with a white background to Pariah in the middle of what looks to be New York. there are tons of people in the street. There is no panic on anyone’s face just confusion by those around him at his sudden appearance.

Pane 2-Pariah has taken off his hood and he is totally confused. “Where is the anti matter”. A passer by asks him if he is ok. No one is even fazed by his sudden appearance or his unusual attire. Pariah says “What is going on”?

PAGE THREE

Panel 1-pariah begins to phase out. He looks totally confused. “I don’t understand” is all he says as he fades away.

Panel 2-view of a huge farm with next to a big lake-the view is from way overhead.
Text box at the bottom-this is the problem with being a super hero with nothing to do. You get really bored really fast.

Panel 3-a very large, very muscular guy is carrying a gigantic boulder like a waiter carries a large tray of food. He has no shirt on but is wearing jeans and tennis shoes. His hair is red. The land he’s on is awesome, like a scene from a movie. Huge tree’s are around him, he’s about 40 feet away from a huge lake.

Post Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:51 am
A-dog User avatar
Good/Very Good
Good/Very Good

for those that don't know who pariah is:
Attachments
pariah.jpg
pariah.jpg (34.52 KiB) Viewed 4387 times

A-dog User avatar
Good/Very Good
Good/Very Good

Panel 4-More of a close up on the man’s face, he is glancing over his shoulder and behind him we can see a shadowy figure jumping from a large tree, landing on the ground crouched down like a cat.
Panel 5-The red haired guy spins around tossing the boulder he was carrying into the lake (it hits near the middle of the lake). The shadowy figure in now leaping towards him.
Panel 6-red haired guy has caught the shadowy figure’s hands as he falls back.

PAGE 4

Panel 1-the red haired guy has now fallen back so he is on his back but he managed to plant his foot in the shadowy guy’s stomach and has flipped him off of him.
Panel 2-the shadowy guy flips and contorts his body so he lands on his feet and we can now make him out-it’s the jaguar, he is crouched down again like a cat looking like he is ready to attack again.
Panel 3-close up of the jaguars face-he looks pretty pissed.
Panel 4-his expression totally changes and he is just laughing he says “I see you’re still able to defend yourself”
Panel 5-jaguar has walked over and is helping the red haired man up. The red haired guy says “well barely but I guess the Shield has to stay in shape just in case. What brings you here Ralph? You didn’t come all the way out here just to see if I am still in shape”
Panel 6-they are now standing facing each other-jaguar says “there is something going on. I’m not sure what yet. Some of the animals are acting strange. They are acting like they are trying to escape something but I can’t sense what it is. Not all the animals just some but they are terrified”

A-dog User avatar
Good/Very Good
Good/Very Good

PAGE 5

Panel 1-Shield and Jaguar are still facing each other but from behind them they hear “The animals are right to be afraid. This world….this whole universe is about to DIE”

Panel 2-both spin around to see Pariah standing in the open. Hood is up over his head and his cloak is hiding his body. The only detail we can make out is the whites of his eyes (which is pretty standard stuff for Pariah at this point).

Panel 3-Jaguar is leaping towards Pariah obviously assuming he is a threat.

Panel 4-Jaguar is holding Pariah by his cloak near his neck, one hand is drawn back as if to hit pariah but jaguar’s hand is more like a claw than a hand at this point. From behind the jaguar the shield yells “Ralph, WAIT”!

Panel 5-“What the Hell do you mean “wait”? This guy just said he’s going to destroy our world” Jaguar responds with as he looks back at the Shield. “He didn’t say he was going to destroy our world. It sounded more like a warning to me. He didn’t try to defend himself at all when you leapt at him. If he could sneak up on us and he wanted to destroy the world he could have attacked us. Let’s hear him out”

A-dog User avatar
Good/Very Good
Good/Very Good

Pariah's wiki page as an FYI:

,!-- m -->, class="postlink" ,="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pariah_(comics">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pariah_(comics,!-- m -->)

Post Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:00 am
A-dog User avatar
Good/Very Good
Good/Very Good

*I’m not going to do a panel by panel breakdown for this page cause I’m limited on time*

Sometime later, the hero’s are seated at a table in the shields home (a very nice place). Pariah has just told them his story. He’s been forced to watch countless worlds die never doing anything. He also points out that this time is very strange because the crisis has not yet started-or so it seems. He seems to think this might be a sign. Perhaps if the hero’s of this world have time to prepare they can save their world. Pariah doesn’t feel any pull, nothing his dragging him to destruction. Pariah can sense the hero’s of a world and he was drawn to the shield. (in an issue of COIE when Pariah appeared on Lady Quark’s world he knew that the world had hero’s but that most were already dead and only 3 remained. I’m assuming that this is one of his powers, he gains some knowledge of a world he appears in).
Jaguar and Shield decide discuss it and decide to “get the old crew together again”. Here is where we learn that most of the hero’s on the red circle earth are retired. They are not old they just managed to defeat all the enemies they had and have not had any major threats come up. (so basically their adventures ended shortly after the 1980’s run of the Crusaders which on their world was about 5 years ago.).

The Shield reasons that they already have an indication that nature is feeling the effects of the coming crisis due to the fact that Jaguar noted the change in some of the animals behavior. He also reasons that they should inquire about 2 other aspects of the world before they get everyone involved. First they need to seek out the Comet to see if there is anything scientific that would indicate a disturbance. Second they need to look into the mystical aspects of the universe to see if there is a disturbance on that end of the spectrum.

A-dog User avatar
Good/Very Good
Good/Very Good

I'm gonna keep going in that style, the panel by panel breakdown is too hard and this way I can move the story along.

I'm bringing in some DC characters as well. I thought about it last night and I don't know enough about certain aspects of the red circle universe to do what I want to do. I figured what the hell it was a DC story to begin with so why not?

A-dog User avatar
Good/Very Good
Good/Very Good

The Shield reasons that the first thing they should do is contact their old friend John Dickering. John like the jaguar and the comet is a retired super hero. He was known as the comet but now is a scientist specifically working for the government studying the universe. He is working on future deep space exploration. As they are talking they are working their way through the shields house, down a hall way and eventually find their way into a large garage like area with a bunch of cool ships and vehicles. It’s a huge place and a lot of the old crusaders equipment is housed there. It’s dusty and looks like no one has actually been down there for at least a couple of years. The Shield pulls out a cell phone (yes he has a cell phone which Jaguar finds very funny. As he is talking to John he opens a large hatch in the ceiling of the garage. Hangs up and says “he’ll be right ov..” and before he can ever finish the sentence John is flown in and is landing right next to them. They explain the story that Pariah has told him. John is a little taken back “you can’t die”? Pariah assures him that cant’ be hurt. John says “well let’s put that to the test then”. Raises his hand and an energy blast just nails Pariah right in the chest and knocks him back into the shadows. ‘What the Hell are you doing” is all a shocked Shield can say, the jaguar is just as shocked but says nothing. “No it’s my curse” is what they hear from the shadows and pariah comes forward unharmed. The Comet explains that there have been a number of cosmic abnormalities but they were very small and very random. He believed Pariah’s story as he can sense something is very wrong on a cosmic level but has not been able to figure it out.
“Well we need to get going then” is what the shield says as he hits a button on a counsel and the shield costume comes forward in a case from behind the counsel. “I can be ready in a second…” and in a flash the comet is in his costume. (I’m writing the comet as having super speed and some energy based powers).
We then see the Monitor’s satellite and the monitor says “Layla bring me the files I need. We also need to make some contacts. We have to move quickly, this world has potential but it is untested.” Layla says “yes monitor right away”.

A-dog User avatar
Good/Very Good
Good/Very Good

We would then cut to a different scene. This one is in an alley of another large city, it’s dusk so the sun is not down. There are fire escapes on the buildings lining the alley. 3 young “thug” looking guys are running down the alley. One of them is carrying a purse. It’s pretty obvious these guys just committed a crime. All of a sudden 3 ropes shoot out from behind them, each one in has a noose on the end and each one finds its way around one of the hoods necks. They are all pulled back on their ass’s. “Idiots” is all The Hangman says as he gives them just enough of a beating to knock them out. He’s gathering the ropes he used to snare them when suddenly he’s hooked from above by a hangman’s noose. Looking up he see’s Slipknot standing on one of the fire escapes above him (slipknot is a DC universe villain shown below). Slipknot says “ya know, I would a done this for free. Taking out a chump like you is almost too easy.” He then leaps down, having looped the rope around the rail of the fire escape so has he jumps down his weight will force the hangman to go up. As he is falling he shifts his weight just enough so he is now heading towards Hangman and kicks him right in the chest. So now the hangman is hanging by a hangman’s noose and has had any air he had in his lungs just knocked out of them. Slipknot is on the ground beginning to tie the rope so his opponent can simple hang to death. Just then The Fox leaps out from behind a nearby dumpster. He has a katana sword and uses it to cut the rope saving the hangman. He turns to face slipknot. “well…..this just got fun” is slipknot’s response as he looks cocky as ever. After an awesome fight scene (slipknot was able to hold his own against firestorm so he’s a major league bad ass when it comes to hand to hand combat). Eventually The Fox gains the upper hand (I’m writing the fox as a very highly skilled martial arts guy with a vast array of weapons at his disposal so it’s not out of the ordinary for him to be carrying a katana blade or throwing stars etc.) Just as the fox is about to finish off slipknot he simply phases out with a very cocky look on his face “easiest money I ever made” is all he says as he leaves this reality.
Attachments
slipknot.jpg
slipknot.jpg (78.11 KiB) Viewed 4367 times

Post Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:41 am
A-dog User avatar
Good/Very Good
Good/Very Good

if you are not familiar with COIE I figured I'd fill you in on one aspect of the story. the monitor spent along time in the shadows of the DC universe and he would contract villians to test the hero's (although we didn't know that at the time. It was assumed he was evil and using villians as his pawns).

I decided to use slipknot cause first of all he literally took firestorm out of action and made him look like an idiot for 3/4 of an issue. Firestorm is a very powerful guy so that was impressive. He's also "slipknot" and I wanted to put him againts "the hangman" cause I thought it would be cool.

more dc stuff is gonna be mixed in than I originally thought but I think it will be fine.

any feedback is appreciated. I do NOT know all of the ins and outs of all the characters so if they are off from what they were in the 80's series cut me some slack. as an example I'm writing the fox kind of as a ninja esque character, I don't know if this is how he was presented in the 80's but I seeem to remember him having nun chucks and stuff like that so I ran with it.

A-dog User avatar
Good/Very Good
Good/Very Good

So I’ve had some time to reflect on this story, my job decided I needed to go out of town for a week so in reality it gave me about 12 days to think about what I have done with this so far. I also brought along my entire run of COIE and picked it over. I found a few things I really, really want to expand up and add to the story.
When I first started thinking of this I wanted it to be a “stand alone” story. Focusing on the Red Circle characters with the addition of a few of the central COIE characters to help move the story along. Looking back I don’t think that this was very practical. First of all I don’t know enough about all of the characters in the RC universe. Secondly this was originally a DC comic book concept.
So with that said I’m going to “re-approach” this, I’m going to try to weave it more into the COIE. Originally Pariah just kind of showed up on this earth before the crisis had started. I wanted to show the crisis from point “A” (before the COIE hits the universe) to point “B” (the final fate of that universe).
I’m also going to change how I’m telling the story. I just think I give to broad an overview. I’m going to be much more descriptive with what is going on. Before I guess I wrote it more like an original story pitch and now I’m going to write it more like an actual story.
So I’m going to start a new thread and call it “Crisis on Infinite Earths: Red Circle-Take 2” and go from there. It’s going to be a lot better.

Return to Ongoing Fan Fiction