Board index Archie Comics Press Release! LARRY STANLEY, AUGUST 27, 1956 - AUGUST 24, 2007

LARRY STANLEY, AUGUST 27, 1956 - AUGUST 24, 2007

Archie Comics Press Releases

Moderator: Rik

Rik User avatar

Life long Archie Comics fan and comic reviewer Larry Stanley pased away last month. Larry was survived by his wife of 20 years, Patti Stanley. Larry had reviewed Archie Comics in The Pacific Comics Update "PCU'' both in print and on-line. He continued writing reviews at his own web site.

In one column he confessed...

"My name is Larry, I am 47 years old. And I still like to read Archie Comics"
"Because they are just plain fun. The first time I started reading them, I was about 11, back in 1967. It was a copy of Pureheart the Powerful, and I picked it up because I thought it was a superhero book. And it was, sort of. I was too young to know what a parody was, but I remember laughing and thinking to myself that this is what Superman would be like if he was a klutz. And from there, it just went on. The jones was on me, and no matter what I did, I could not resist it. The sweet stories, the simple art, the overall friendliness of the characters just got me hooked. It was like I needed to read about the gang down at the Chok’lit Shop. I had to know what was happening to them."

Larry was a true Archie fan, and we here at Archie comics will miss him. We send our condolences to his wife and family.
Everything you ever wanted to know about the Mighty Crusaders, from the Golden Age to today.

Return to Press Release!