Board index Archie Comics First Looks ARCHIE NEW LOOK SERIES VOLUME 4: VERONICA IN “MY FATHER’S BE

ARCHIE NEW LOOK SERIES VOLUME 4: VERONICA IN “MY FATHER’S BE

First Looks at Next Wednesday's Comics and Archives

Moderators: Captain Sprocket, leonmallett, Rik

Rik User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

ARCHIE NEW LOOK SERIES VOLUME 4: VERONICA IN “MY FATHER’S BETRAYAL”
It's the fourth installment in Archie's dynamic “New Look” series! For years, Archie fans the world over wondered what their favorite Riverdale teens would look like if rendered in a realistic style, and in 2007, Archie Comics answered the question with the ground-breaking, pulse-pounding, media-grabbing story: “Betty & Veronica: Bad Boy Trouble!” The success of that story prompted them to create an entire “New Look” series, continuing with “Jughead: The Matchmakers” and “Moose & Midge: Breakup Blues.” Now, Archie Comics reprints “Veronica: My Father’s Betrayal,” originally presented in BETTY & VERONICA DOUBLE DIGEST #170 through #173. In this thrilling four-part series, Veronica and her friends face off against Mr. Lodge and his constituents as the teens try to keep a beloved nature preserve from becoming an industrial park! Petitions… posters… publicity… public meetings… it’s all part of a multi-tiered strategy by the teens to bring the plight of the forest to the public. They even enlist a botany professor to join their protest! But when people on both sides of the issue debate, the problem is grayer than ever. Who will prevail? Can the two sides resolve their differences peacefully and constructively? Can a compromise be reached before the trees all come down? It’s the story you just can’t afford to miss, served up in the “realistic” art style that made Betty and Veronica’s “Bad Boy Trouble” Jughead’s “Match Makers,” and Moose and Midge’s “Break-up Blues” some of the most-talked about Archie stories in recent years! Famous superhero art team and Eisner Award nominees Rick Burchett and Terry Austin lend their formidable penciling and inking talents to this intriguing tale, brought to you by “New Look” scribe Melanie J. Morgan.
SCRIPT: Melanie J. Morgan
PENCILS: Rick Burchett
INKS: Terry Austin
Shipping Date: April 7th, 2010
On Sale at Comic Shops: April 14th, 2010
Newsstands: April 27th, 2010
ISBN-13: 978-1879794450
112-page, full color 6”x9” square bound paperback
$10.95 US
Rik
http://www.mightycrusaders.net
Everything you ever wanted to know about the Mighty Crusaders, from the Golden Age to today.

Return to First Looks