Board index The Mighty Crusaders Network MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD! My Mighty Crusaders Proposal from 2003

My Mighty Crusaders Proposal from 2003

This is the Message Board for the Mighty Crusaders Network!

Moderators: Captain Sprocket, leonmallett, Rik

Post Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:49 pm
Brad Cobb User avatar
Mighty MLJ
Mighty MLJ

Originally Posted by Cobb on April 10, 2004, 4:33 pm

For those who don't know, I was asked by Chuck Grimes to put toghether a Mighty Crusaders proposal last year. Apparently, he had some wacky notion that he could get a deal done in Hollywood with the characters, and that a Crusaders series could follow...only thing is, he never mentioned the part about Hollywood until I had already gotten some people on board, and then it went in the tank because no deal with Hollywood came about...
But, anyway, Rik is putting the proposal on his website soon!!!

Brad

Post Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:51 pm
Rik User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

Posted by Rik on April 11, 2004, 4:45 am, in reply to "My Mighty Crusaders Proposal from 2003"
Board Administrator

Brad,
Thanks for sharing.
I finished the update to the site a few hours ago. but with dial up at the Best Western Motel it is uploading slowly.
Everyone should be able to read it Easter Morning

http://www.mightycrusaders.net/proposal.htm
Rik
http://www.mightycrusaders.net
Everything you ever wanted to know about the Mighty Crusaders, from the Golden Age to today.

Post Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:52 pm
jsf User avatar
Poor
Poor

Originally Posted by jsf on April 11, 2004, 6:57 pm, in reply to "My Mighty Crusaders Proposal from 2003"

Sound interesting. Any chance they'd give a series a shot without the televsion tie in?

Post Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:00 pm
Brad Cobb User avatar
Mighty MLJ
Mighty MLJ

Originally Posted by Cobb on April 11, 2004, 7:22 pm, in reply to "Re: My Mighty Crusaders Proposal from 2003"

I doubt that they'll ever do anything with these characters until someone with money helps force the issue...and I deliver newspapers for a living...so I'm not the guy to do it.
Brad

Post Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:42 pm
jsf User avatar
Poor
Poor

Originally Posted by jsf on April 12, 2004, 10:25 am, in reply to "Re: My Mighty Crusaders Proposal from 2003"

it sounds as if Archie wants to do something with the characters, but since they can't guarantee a sure success, they back off.
I honestly think they'd be well served to take one of the characters -- say, the Black Hood -- and do a six issue mini-series with him, but let another studio do it. Sort of like what they tried with DC on Impact, but with Image or Top Cow or whoever instead.

If that succeeds, then do another, and then another with a different character, etc -- like the way DC built up an audience for Birds of Prey originally. I think this could work if they eased into it gradually, as opposed to saturating the market all at once with a host of new titles like they did with Impact and Red Circle.

But if they ever want to use these characters profitablly I don't think they should be wary of shilling some $$$ in them first. Can't make a return on your investment if you don't put up the capital first.

Post Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:43 pm
Rik User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

Originally Posted by Rik on April 12, 2004, 9:18 pm, in reply to "That is strange ..."

I would have released a 1 issue Mighty Crusaders with the TPB to see if there was a market for new issues.
Rik
Everything you ever wanted to know about the Mighty Crusaders, from the Golden Age to today.

Post Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Superstar Jason on April 13, 2004, 9:17 pm, in reply to "Re: That is strange ..."

you would think they would be able to sell these characters pretty easily, I mean think of the advertising space they have in one of the most bought comics/digest magazines in the world, Archie comics are everywhere. Just get some talent to work on it, then just advertise the hell out of it.

Post Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:48 pm
Rik User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

Originally Posted by Rik on April 13, 2004, 10:09 pm, in reply to "Re: That is strange ..."

I would think they could restart Pep Comics and feature both Archie and the MLJ heroes.
This way they could catch their readers as they were getting ready to moving on to Marvel and DC.
In fact with a gate way comic they could also do their own comics heores.
Rik

Post Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by Superstar Jason on April 13, 2004, 10:16 pm, in reply to "Restart Pep Comics"

could they maybe try and undercut DC and marvel's prices, I mean most comics from them now are over five dollars up here in the Great white north, I'm sorry but I don't want to pay that much for the Great Wolverine-Spiderman soap opera that you need a friggin map to follow.

Post Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:10 pm
jsf User avatar
Poor
Poor

Originally Posted by jsf on April 12, 2004, 10:29 am, in reply to "That is strange ..."

I personally think a character like the Hangman (touched up just a little) or, again, the Black Hood (from the Red Circle days), could work well in the way I've mentioned. Get someone like Chuck Dixon to write the thing (who has a built in audience, and can tell good adventure type stories), and a good artist (whoever they want), and go for it.
It may not be a top ten seller, but surely it would make enough to justify doing it.

And we'd all get to see the characters again. :D

Return to MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD!