Board index The Mighty Crusaders Network MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD! Jerry Ordway...and The Mighty Crusaders!!

Jerry Ordway...and The Mighty Crusaders!!

This is the Message Board for the Mighty Crusaders Network!

Moderators: Captain Sprocket, leonmallett, Rik

captainzero User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

I want to remind everyone of the WONDERFUL COVER ....JERRY ORDWAY did for NEW CRUSADERS LEGACY.

I WOULD love to see more of Mr. Ordway's work on The Mighty Crusaders!!!

Upping his page rate a little would not hurt...especially when we would get such an accomplished artist to draw heroes like: THE SHIELD, STEEL STERLING, THE COMET, THE FOX, THE WEB, MR. JUSTICE...THE BLACK HOOD...FLY-GIRL.

LOOK at them. They NEVER looked better. Remember his work on the ALL-STAR SQUADRON. !! YIKES.!!
It's still CLASSIC stuff because of what JERRY ORDWAY put into it.

Ya need a writer?? Hasn't ROY THOMAS said he would loved to write the MLJ.?? He and Mr. Ordway worked together on the All-Star book. EXPERIENCE!! EXCELLENCE!! ORDWAY AND THOMAS!!

OUR heroes need to be done by people who know what they're doing. These two have a pretty good hold on Comic book reality.

How about them??

leonmallett User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

I loved RT's work on Avengers and All-Star Squadron, but that was decades ago. I wonder if he would find a suitable niche in a marketplace with changed tastes.

If they come back, more than anything I want sustainable success for others to enjoy as well as myself, and I am not sure RT would be able to offer that.

I kind of think that a successful comic book writer needs to be writing regularly so they understand the audience.

A name that is probably very 'uncool' who might be able to do it justice (Waid aside) could be Tom DeFalco; in his M2 work he was able to write single issue stories that also worked as part of larger arcs, and that packed in a lot of action while doing some world building.

But really someone like Jeff Parker would be great, but he may be completely unfamiliar with the characters.
Discovering new superhero worlds through the MLJ/Mighty Crusaders legacy...

captainzero User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

leonmallett wrote:
I loved RT's work on Avengers and All-Star Squadron, but that was decades ago. I wonder if he would find a suitable niche in a marketplace with changed tastes.

If they come back, more than anything I want sustainable success for others to enjoy as well as myself, and I am not sure RT would be able to offer that.

I kind of think that a successful comic book writer needs to be writing regularly so they understand the audience.

A name that is probably very 'uncool' who might be able to do it justice (Waid aside) could be Tom DeFalco; in his M2 work he was able to write single issue stories that also worked as part of larger arcs, and that packed in a lot of action while doing some world building.

But really someone like Jeff Parker would be great, but he may be completely unfamiliar with the characters.

Well, you may be right about RT. It's been a while.
Who writes MegaMan.?? He's in-house and is good. Your choices are good. I hope they can find a good writer and an editor that has the "bigger picture"...

but I think Jerry Ordway could do better than many artists out there that Red Circle would bring in. I just would like to see him back on the comic page.

leonmallett User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

captainzero wrote:
leonmallett wrote:

Well, you may be right about RT. It's been a while.
Who writes MegaMan.?? He's in-house and is good. Your choices are good. I hope they can find a good writer and an editor that has the "bigger picture"...

but I think Jerry Ordway could do better than many artists out there that Red Circle would bring in. I just would like to see him back on the comic page.

I think Ordway would be a perfect fit; his style is pretty timeless, and art style rarely seems as dated as writing style.
Discovering new superhero worlds through the MLJ/Mighty Crusaders legacy...

captainzero User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

Have you read my contribution to The Red Circle heroes.??
I wrote kind-of-a "narrative spine" which I want to add to after I finish some personal business that's taking a lot of my time.

I would appreciate your feedback if you get a chance to look at it.... and, of course, if you want to.

It's under Mighty MLJ: fan fiction. .. on this site. The MLJ: The Mighty Legion of Justice.

It's just a start... and I don't know how it will turn out. I want to start adding to "the spine" ...and filling in the history for newer readers. And write it for a contemporary audience.

But interested in feedback from any of you guys who would give me some tips.

Might Ian Flynn write?? CHUCK DIXON!!??

And if we could get Jerry Ordway to draw --- it would be great to get Mike Machlan to ink.!! Just sayin'.

Oh, and another thing. Does anyone know where I can get this book??

Crap. I'm alone on the site, again. 6/19/14

How 'bout Yanick Paquette, Jerry Ordway, John Byrne ... Red Circle should get these guys to draw the Red Circle characters. The Mighty Crusaders.

THE SHIELD...
THE WIZARD...
STEEL STERLING...
THE BLACK HOOD....
THE COMET....
THE HANGMAN...
ALL NEED TALENTED PROS TO DO THEM. PAQUETTE, ORDWAY, AND BYRNE would be just GREAT!!

CHUCK DIXON?? IAN FLYNN??.... TO WRITE??

This is from RIK from 2005: " Wouldn't the Fly look good with art by Ron Frenz with his Kirby-style? Jerry Ordway on the Mighty Crusaders? Dan Jurgens on the Shield? How about Paul Ryan handling the Comet? "

Tom Grummett... Chuck Dixon..... Ron Frenz....Jerry Ordway.... Ian .... John Bryne... would you please ask these guys?? Mike Machlan to ink. Come on, they are out there. Steve Butler??

I REALLY liked Ron Frenz's Jack Kirby-like art... and I think it would look wonderful on THE SHIELD. Heck, on any number of the Red Circle Heroes. I would be very pleased to see that Frenz style back on the comic book page and it would be perfect for the Shield in his own book.

And an Editor that has the "big picture" and knows where this Universe is going.
THE BLACK HOOD and STEEL STERLING:
ImageImage

THE SHIELD - WIZARD TEAM.!!

ImageImage

THE BOY BUDDIES:

DUSTY:

AND ROY:Image

AND you could have a new hero ... and call him something other than Spiderman...(I think that's been used.)

Maybe you could talk to the Kirby Estate and call him "NIGHT-FIGHTER".!! INJECTING a little "new juice" into the line could help draw readers. Especially if you could get a good writer and a Frenz "Kirby-like" artist and that both could stick with the book for more than 12 issues.
And have "Night-Fighter" stay closer to THE FLY, FLY GIRL, and THE JAGUAR than the other MLJ heroes.

I think THE SHIELD and THE WIZARD should be "best pals".
I think STEEL STERLING and THE BLACK HOOD should be pals.

Of course, Dusty and Roy .... "buddies."

You know, special friends inside a group of heroes kind-of-a-deal.

Where are we all running to ???

I'll tell you where.!! To a NEW, and EXCITING AGE OF .....THE RED CIRCLE!!

LET'S SAVE JERRY ORWAY FROM DOING ANY MORE SPONGE BOB comic books ....and have him start to draw the RED CIRCLE HEROES.!! PLEASE!!

Now, under this banner:

I'm hoping for the Epic story of THE LOST CRUSADE.

SOMETIMES...comic book companies want to know what the readers want.
So, here's what I want:

Well, it's easier if you look at my post over at "MIGHTY MLJ: FAN FICTION".... on this site.
Then, it's titled: "The Mighty Legion of Justice" (The MLJ).

I laid out a "NARRATIVE SPINE" for the MLJ ....all the way to today's New Crusaders.

And we NEED some consistency with Editors, writers, and artists.

All we need is out there. Heck, I could set the course for this line. They have wonderful super-heroes...
All we need is the talent to do them well,.... and give the fans some consistency and real direction.

Why Red Circle doesn't do it..... is beyond me.???

Here's one place to start. Although I'd start with a SHIELD book.... and then go to this group.
Three months of THE SHIELD with a talented editor, writer, and great artist... so fans know that Red Circle is committed -- and then go to "The Lost Crusade" ...if you must. There are a couple ways to get there.... but that would be one way to start. 6/25/14

Maybe the MLJ heroes will return with this issue. So I still have hope.!!

And I have finally come to the conclusion that Red Circle should call Jim Simon and get THE FLY.
AND GET RON FRENZ to draw him.... and the S&K Spider.!!

FLY GIRL is really nothing without THE FLY. SHE'S always a sad and empty reminder of "what could be."

Return to MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD!