Board index The Mighty Crusaders Network MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD! Large Variety of Red Circle/Mighty/MLJ Comics For Sale

Large Variety of Red Circle/Mighty/MLJ Comics For Sale

This is the Message Board for the Mighty Crusaders Network!

Moderators: Captain Sprocket, leonmallett, Rik

Calum User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

Hi folks!

Okay, this is slightly different than the usual thread here but still relevant i hope.

I am having a huge thinning down of my comics collection, and have decided to sell most of my Red Circle/MLJ/!mpact/Archie Adventure comics (shock horror!) - i'm keeping some, obviously, and some of the ones i'm selling are doublers if i'm honest, but yes, i will have quite a lot available, and i thought i'd let you guys know first in case any of you want to buy them.

What i plan to do over the next few weeks is photograph all the ones i'm selling, and make some thumbnail web pages, with the thumbnails linking to full size photos, so you can browse them easily. I'll probably just photograph the front covers, or do you think it's also necessary to do an interior photo for each one as well? Twice the work, you see!

Also, does anybody happen to know a good thumbnail page generator that i could easily use for this?

But back to the main thing, so once i have got these pages made, i'll put the links here and you guys can have a look and make me an offer, if you like. If you have any other Red Circle/Mighty Crusaders fans among your friends, do let them know as well, i'm just giving you a heads up at the moment.

And to give you an idea of what i am selling, it will pretty much be as follows, selling as individual issues, or if someone wants a job lot of a series, or part of a series, i'm flexible. The following issues will definitely be available, in various conditions, none of them too terrible, but not many of them are vfn/nm either. Most are in surprisingly good nick though.

Adventures of the Jaguar 1 to 15 inclusive
Adventures of the Fly 4 up to 30 inclusive
Fly-Man 31 up to 39 inclusive
Mighty Comics 40 to 50 inclusive
Mighty Crusaders 1 to 8 inclusive (sixties issues)
Super Heroes vs Super Villians special (1966)
Double Life of Private Strong issue 2 (missing middle pages and cover, though!)

The Original Shield 1 to 4 inclusive
Black Hood 1 to 3 inclusive (eighties issues, with Fox backup in 2 and 3 of course)
Lancelot Strong/Steel Sterling 1 to 7 inclusive
Mighty Crusaders 1 to 13 inclusive (eighties issues)
Blue Ribbon 1 to 14 inclusive (eighties issues)

Black Hood 11 (forties)
Pep Comics 30 and 45 (forties) (ft the original Shield)
These forties ones are pretty beat up and some are missing covers or pages, but i will detail all this when i do my web catalogue. I might have one or two more from the forties too, not sure.

Mighty Crusaders 1 to 6 inclusive and Special 1 (DC Comics)
All four Red Circle one-shots (DC Comics)
The Shield 1-10 (i think i may be missing an issue of this though) (again DC)
The Web 1-10 (definitely missing some of the middle ones of this series (DC again)

Also i have one copy for sale of EVERY issue from !mpact Comics except for one or two of the !mpact Who's Whos
This includes complete runs of:
The Jaguar
The Fly
The Shield
The Web
The Black Hood
The Crusaders
The Comet
Crucible

I also have a few Mighty Crusaders related single issues from Archie in the 21st century, you know they published a few cameos here and there to keep their copyright intact, i have some of them for sale too. Also have a few of the issues of Pep and Laugh from the sixties which feature Mighty/Radio Comics characters, but i'm not 100% sure whether i'm selling those just yet. It might depend how desperately somebody wants them!

So just a heads up for now, but i'll have to try and sell them on ebay otherwise, and i thought i'd give you guys first crack at them.

Thanks for your time, i'll let you know once i've photographed them all!
PS: Hey! Check out my music at http://www.calumsmusic.com and fill your ears with happiness!

Calum User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

Okay well either nobody is interested in any of these back issues or nobody is using this board anymore.

I'll just start listing them on ebay then, and if anybody does want to buy any of these issues from me then please email me at calumcarlyle -AT- gmail *DOT* com

The ebay listings i generally list probably don't show up on the US ebay, sadly, though perhaps i will start specifying a shipping cost to the US, if i can work out how much it would be, and then maybe they will show up, so if the issue you want has already been listed, i will simply send you to the ebay listing in question.

Thanks all!
PS: Hey! Check out my music at http://www.calumsmusic.com and fill your ears with happiness!

Captain Sprocket User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

The board has been very quiet lately. My guess is there is not a lot of enthusiasm for the new Red Circle product.

captainzero User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

Calum wrote:
Hi folks!

Okay, this is slightly different than the usual thread here but still relevant i hope.

I am having a huge thinning down of my comics collection, and have decided to sell most of my Red Circle/MLJ/!mpact/Archie Adventure comics (shock horror!) - i'm keeping some, obviously, and some of the ones i'm selling are doublers if i'm honest, but yes, i will have quite a lot available, and i thought i'd let you guys know first in case any of you want to buy them.

What i plan to do over the next few weeks is photograph all the ones i'm selling, and make some thumbnail web pages, with the thumbnails linking to full size photos, so you can browse them easily. I'll probably just photograph the front covers, or do you think it's also necessary to do an interior photo for each one as well? Twice the work, you see!

Also, does anybody happen to know a good thumbnail page generator that i could easily use for this?

But back to the main thing, so once i have got these pages made, i'll put the links here and you guys can have a look and make me an offer, if you like. If you have any other Red Circle/Mighty Crusaders fans among your friends, do let them know as well, i'm just giving you a heads up at the moment.

And to give you an idea of what i am selling, it will pretty much be as follows, selling as individual issues, or if someone wants a job lot of a series, or part of a series, i'm flexible. The following issues will definitely be available, in various conditions, none of them too terrible, but not many of them are vfn/nm either. Most are in surprisingly good nick though.

Adventures of the Jaguar 1 to 15 inclusive
Adventures of the Fly 4 up to 30 inclusive
Fly-Man 31 up to 39 inclusive
Mighty Comics 40 to 50 inclusive
Mighty Crusaders 1 to 8 inclusive (sixties issues)
Super Heroes vs Super Villians special (1966)
Double Life of Private Strong issue 2 (missing middle pages and cover, though!)

The Original Shield 1 to 4 inclusive
Black Hood 1 to 3 inclusive (eighties issues, with Fox backup in 2 and 3 of course)
Lancelot Strong/Steel Sterling 1 to 7 inclusive
Mighty Crusaders 1 to 13 inclusive (eighties issues)
Blue Ribbon 1 to 14 inclusive (eighties issues)

Black Hood 11 (forties)
Pep Comics 30 and 45 (forties) (ft the original Shield)
These forties ones are pretty beat up and some are missing covers or pages, but i will detail all this when i do my web catalogue. I might have one or two more from the forties too, not sure.

Mighty Crusaders 1 to 6 inclusive and Special 1 (DC Comics)
All four Red Circle one-shots (DC Comics)
The Shield 1-10 (i think i may be missing an issue of this though) (again DC)
The Web 1-10 (definitely missing some of the middle ones of this series (DC again)

Also i have one copy for sale of EVERY issue from !mpact Comics except for one or two of the !mpact Who's Whos
This includes complete runs of:
The Jaguar
The Fly
The Shield
The Web
The Black Hood
The Crusaders
The Comet
Crucible

I also have a few Mighty Crusaders related single issues from Archie in the 21st century, you know they published a few cameos here and there to keep their copyright intact, i have some of them for sale too. Also have a few of the issues of Pep and Laugh from the sixties which feature Mighty/Radio Comics characters, but i'm not 100% sure whether i'm selling those just yet. It might depend how desperately somebody wants them!

So just a heads up for now, but i'll have to try and sell them on ebay otherwise, and i thought i'd give you guys first crack at them.

Thanks for your time, i'll let you know once i've photographed them all!

I'M interested in The Fly #1-2
JAGUAR #1
The Fly #9 ...??
The Crusaders #8

Calum User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

Hi captain, that's five issues. Just to check, do you mean impact issues for each of those?
If so they are all in read-several-times condition, maybe fn condition or so. Care to make me an offer? What country are you in, and do you happen to have an idea what postage might be? I have liited experience of postage costs going out of the uk.

captainzero User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

Calum wrote:
Hi captain, that's five issues. Just to check, do you mean impact issues for each of those?
If so they are all in read-several-times condition, maybe fn condition or so. Care to make me an offer? What country are you in, and do you happen to have an idea what postage might be? I have liited experience of postage costs going out of the uk.

I think it will be too hard to pull off, Calum. Kinda sorry you're going to sell off part of your collection.

The issues that I was interested in were the last two issues of the Mighty Crusaders: The one with the Crusaders floating up in the air while the villain played on a bubble organ...or whatever it was. I think I gave up on the Crusaders by that issue and didn't buy it.

Not the Impact issues, for sure. But thanks. I'm in the U.S. and it's just too much to do.

What do you think of the new "NEWS" that the Mighty Crusaders might come back... and be written for an older audience.?? I'm hopeful, again. How about you??

Return to MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD!