Board index The Mighty Crusaders Network MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD! THE FUTURE OF THE MIGHTY CRUSADERS???

THE FUTURE OF THE MIGHTY CRUSADERS???

This is the Message Board for the Mighty Crusaders Network!

Moderators: Captain Sprocket, leonmallett, Rik

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:59 pm
captainzero User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

Now what do you think this means: ??

At the panel, Waid and Haspiel discussed The Fox’s “Apocalypse Now and Island of Doctor Moreau influenced storyline,” and Haspiel hinted at a spoiler for the storyline of issue #5. It was also revealed that Haspiel and J.M. DeMatteis have wanted to work together “for years” and that DeMatteis is intent to contribute to ‘building a new Red Circle universe’ in the series.”

A FUTURE FOR THE MIGHTY CRUSADERS??

"Additionally, the Washington Post interviewed Dean Haspiel on The Fox. Haspiel made mention of his excitement about working on The Fox: “Maybe I finally earned a place at the table where I can have regular fun working on franchise comic books like so many of my peers. I hope to have a long and fruitful relationship collaborating on ideas for The Fox and the future of The Mighty Crusaders, who have the untapped potential to stand proud next to our favorite Marvel and DC characters.”

Can this mean the RETURN OF THE MLJ HEROES??

THE SHIELD
THE WIZARD
STEEL STERLING
THE BLACK HOOD
THE COMET
THE HANGMAN
MR. JUSTICE
and the rest of the "boys".!!!??

Yikes!!
I was beginning to lose hope.!!

Baltimore Comic Con came and went this past weekend, and Red Circle Comics made quite a splash at the event. Bleeding Cool covered the World of Archie panel–which included Mark Waid, Dean Haspiel and J.M. DeMatteis.

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:34 pm
leonmallett User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

Whether we see the return of Mighty Crusaders, or the New Crusaders, I will be buying.

If (hypothetically speaking) they did bring back the Mighty Crusaders, would they retain the young characters, perhaps with new code-names?

And does this have any implications for Dark Tomorrow (is that the correct name for the next series)?
Discovering new superhero worlds through the MLJ/Mighty Crusaders legacy...

Calum User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

the first step is to see if they are ever going to publish any more red circle comics. I'll be buying them if so, anything else is a bonus.

So far the writing has been good (six issues and some framing pages and judicious selection of the eighties stuff), so i have no reason to think that will fall off, and i am not keen on them resurrecting "dead" characters willy nilly (like DC) however i do believe Red Circle intended to leave the death of the original Crusaders ambiguous from the first issue, in the recap in issue two we are told they "seem" to have died, and after all we never see any bodies...

I think we can expect to see them in some sort of temporary psycho-fugue like the JSA in All-Star Comics 41, and ripe for our younger group to rescue them and "earn their spurs" as it were.
PS: Hey! Check out my music at http://www.calumsmusic.com and fill your ears with happiness!

Return to MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD!