Board index The Mighty Crusaders Network MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD! Variant Covers for The Fox #1

Variant Covers for The Fox #1

This is the Message Board for the Mighty Crusaders Network!

Moderators: Captain Sprocket, leonmallett, Rik

Post Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:34 pm
Captain Sprocket User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

ImageImageImage

Post Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:57 am
Calum User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

yes, and The Fox appears in Archie's October 2013 solicitations!

http://www.firstcomicsnews.com/?p=77349

Perhaps i will finally be able to preorder it through my subscription service now!
PS: Hey! Check out my music at http://www.calumsmusic.com and fill your ears with happiness!

Post Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:19 am
leonmallett User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

Really like those.

I may be going against prevailing thoughts here, but I actually thought Avon Oeming was a pretty darn good fit to the DC Red Circle version (and I did like the re-imagining there).
Discovering new superhero worlds through the MLJ/Mighty Crusaders legacy...

Post Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:26 am
captainzero User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

leonmallett wrote:
Really like those.

I may be going against prevailing thoughts here, but I actually thought Avon Oeming was a pretty darn good fit to the DC Red Circle version (and I did like the re-imagining there).

I think those covers look great. I will "need" at least two.
One for THE FOX.
One for THE SHIELD.

aND mAYBE, oNE fOR tHE rOAD.

leon, I'm not sure there is a "prevailing thought" about much here, yet.

Except we love the Red Circle heroes .... and wish them success.

Post Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:04 am
leonmallett User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

captainzero wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
Really like those.

I think those covers look great. I will "need" at least two.
One for THE FOX.
One for THE SHIELD.

aND mAYBE, oNE fOR tHE rOAD.

leon, I'm not sure there is a "prevailing thought" about much here, yet.

Except we love the Red Circle heroes .... and wish them success.

Good point well made. ,!-- s:) -->:),!-- s:) -->
Discovering new superhero worlds through the MLJ/Mighty Crusaders legacy...

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:02 am
Calum User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

from what little they published, The Fox was the best of all the reinventions from DC Red Circle in my opinion. I liked the look of their Black Hood (more similar to Archie Red Circle's Black Hood) and i liked the first few issues of The Web too, as well as the potential their new Hangman had but like always they panicked when their sales went south and it turned into vacuous bells/whistles overdrive, by the time Shield and Web were being cancelled and Mighty Crusaders published, there was little point in continuing to read the line.
PS: Hey! Check out my music at http://www.calumsmusic.com and fill your ears with happiness!

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:51 pm
Captain Sprocket User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

The Captain thought DC's Web comic was pretty decent; the others, not so much.

Post Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:48 pm
captainzero User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

Calum wrote:
from what little they published, The Fox was the best of all the reinventions from DC Red Circle in my opinion. I liked the look of their Black Hood (more similar to Archie Red Circle's Black Hood) and i liked the first few issues of The Web too, as well as the potential their new Hangman had but like always they panicked when their sales went south and it turned into vacuous bells/whistles overdrive, by the time Shield and Web were being cancelled and Mighty Crusaders published, there was little point in continuing to read the line.

Yes. I sure agree about The Hangman. He looked really good...but it went "south" pretty quickly.

The Web looked pretty great on some of those covers. The whole thing, for me, was great anticipation...and equally great disappointment. (I had such hope.)

Return to MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD!