Board index The Mighty Crusaders Network MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD! LEGACY & The Fly

LEGACY & The Fly

This is the Message Board for the Mighty Crusaders Network!

Moderators: Captain Sprocket, leonmallett, Rik

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:05 pm
Captain Sprocket User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

The Captain noticed there was no Joe Simon copyright info for The Fly (or Lancelot Strong) in the indicia of the book. It seems there should be some sort of acknowledgement for legal purposes. That makes The Captain wonder which entity truly has ownership of the character!

BTW: when did The Fly's goggles become GREEN?

Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:10 pm
Calum User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

specifically, the book says:

The individual characters' names and likenesses are the exclusive trademarks of Archie Comics Publications, Inc. Copyright © 2013 Archie Comics Publications, Inc. Any similarity between characters and names, persons and/or institutions in this book and any living, dead or fictional characters, names, persons and/or institutions are not intended and if they exist, are purely coincidental. Nothing may be reprinted in whole or part without written permission from Archie Comic Publications, Inc.
PS: Hey! Check out my music at http://www.calumsmusic.com and fill your ears with happiness!

Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:08 pm
Captain Sprocket User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

"The individual characters' names and likenesses are the exclusive trademarks of Archie Comics Publications, Inc. Copyright © 2013 Archie Comics Publications, Inc."

The Captain's question is: if the characters are exclusive trademarks of Archie Comics, what is preventing the company from using The Fly & Lancelot Strong in new stories, an on-going series or reprint TPBs?

Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:50 pm
captainzero User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

Yes, I think they (Red Circle) SHOULD use those two....and put them back in the line-up.!!(But Pvt. Strong should have another name ....other than "The Shield".)

And they should re-color THE FLY'S glasses yellow!! NOT GREEN!!!

Here's a question:
Do you guys think we'll EVER see The MIGHTY CRUSADERS, whether or not THE FLY and THE SHIELD/Pvt. Strong return, .....in action again.??

I'm glad there is a NEW CRUSADERS bunch of kids that are going to take on the mantle of The Crusaders, but I would really like to see the RETURN OF THE MIGHTY CRUSADERS.

Or, really, ...FIRST, a title set in the Golden Age called: The Mighty Legion of Justice!! (MLJ)

And I would like to see a line up like:

THE SHIELD
THE WIZARD
THE BLACK HOOD
STEEL STERLING
THE COMET and
THE HANGMAN!!

THEN, a title like THE MIGHTY CRUSADERS!!

Second question for ya:

Where is The original SHIELD'S son??

The last we see of him is on page 174 of LEGACY -- and he went joined the Armed Forces.
We've got more "Shields" than we know what to do with.!!!?!!

And what about the origin of The Mighty Crusaders?? THE FLY has to be there for the origin....why not keep him in the Red Circle.??

Anyway, the ORIGIN needs a retelling.!!

And where has THE WIZARD been??
....Having spent decades in the mystical East to rejuvenate himself, Blane Whitney seeks to resume his old life, (o.k. I had to "steal" the words ....but I want to see THE WIZARD again.!!)

Check this out: Dark Horse is reprinting stories of the original Captain Midnight...to bolster its new title: CAPTAIN MIDNIGHT.!!

I sure would like to see some of those old MLJ stories from the 1940's reprinted to "bolster" a new Red Circle title called: THE MIGHTY CRUSADERS!!

$49.99

HC, 7” x 10"

From the glory days of World War II comes the unstoppable patriotic superhero Captain Midnight! Volume 1 features selected tales compiled from the original 1940s-era comic book featuring the adventures of the Captain and his sidekick, Sergeant Twilight, as they battle bad guys from the Axis of Evil with art by comics greats Jack Binder, Mac Raboy, Dan Gormley, and others! Collecting selected stories from The Funnies, Popular Comics, and Captain Midnight issues.

• Reprints one of the greatest military superhero comics of the 1940s!

• Complements new Captain Midnightstories coming from Dark Horse!

It wouldn't have to be hardcover....it could be trade paperback. An ALL- STAR MLJ line up of some of their best adventures to "complement" a MIGHTY CRUSADERS title.!!

THE SHIELD
THE WIZARD
STEEL STERLING
BLACK HOOD... and all the others!!

AND.... CAPTAIN MIDNIGHT meets SKYMAN in issue #4!! Holy Moley!!

I would love to see The Mighty Crusaders meet THE WIZARD... in MIGHTY CRUSADERS #4. !!

(Please see THE AVENGERS #4 (circa 1963 for appropriate response of excitement.!)

Post Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:03 am
Calum User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

well to answer one of the captain's questions, we saw Lance Strong die in Shield/Steel Sterling issue 3 so he won't be making a return (then again we saw Doc Reeves die, didn't we? And he's back in NC:ROTH issue 5!)

I was particularly interested to see that Archie claims the characters in the book do not resemble any other fictional characters, or if they do, that the resemblance is not intentional.

Certainly, this would not be the case, if Joe Simon's estate held intellectual property rights even on similar characters, right?
PS: Hey! Check out my music at http://www.calumsmusic.com and fill your ears with happiness!

Return to MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD!