Board index The Mighty Crusaders Network MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD! Haspiel, Waid turn the Fox into a heroic 'freak magnet'

Haspiel, Waid turn the Fox into a heroic 'freak magnet'

This is the Message Board for the Mighty Crusaders Network!

Moderators: Captain Sprocket, leonmallett, Rik

Captain Sprocket User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

Click on the picture to read the USA Today story!

captainzero User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

Nice find, Captain.
The book looks fun.

Now if we could only find more artist and writer teams to do The Shield, and some of the others...

and maybe a writer/artist team to do a team book.... and call it THE MIGHTY CRUSADERS.!!

Captain Sprocket User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

captainzero wrote:
The book looks fun.

Yes, it does. Nice for it to get coverage on a big, national platform like USATODAY.com, too!

Calum User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

that looks awesome. I really like their attitude in the interview, towards the character and towards the whole Red Circle environment. It reminds me of what the creative types involved originally intended for !mpact. Great to see that front cover too.

Since DC bought Will Eisner's The Spirit, and did their usual ("revamping" the character a couple of times before finally issuing him a one-way ticket to comic book limbo) i have been missing the honest and adventurous but thoughtful style that i associate with Eisner's work (and yes, with Toth's run on The Fox too, which i agree is some of my favourite comic book work of all time) so it'll be great to see that.

I really hope it does come out as planned in October. I also hope that this time they can get some bigger level publicity and round up a decent amount of readers, to justify making it a continuing series, possibly with tryout backup features for the other characters mentioned ("like The Shield and The Web"), though it sounds like some of the supporting characters will be from the Mighty Crusaders' extended family, so that's just as good a method of building awareness with new readers.

In short, looks good, can't wait to get it into my sweaty paws!
PS: Hey! Check out my music at http://www.calumsmusic.com and fill your ears with happiness!

Rik User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

The Shield will have a back up story in the book!
Rik
http://www.mightycrusaders.net
Everything you ever wanted to know about the Mighty Crusaders, from the Golden Age to today.

captainzero User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

Rik wrote:
The Shield will have a back up story in the book!

This is GREAT news!!
And, it sounds like he "reflects" on a 1940's adventure. Right??

A Freak magnet! Madam Satan! and The Shield!! Great!!

Return to MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD!