Board index The Mighty Crusaders Network MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD! "Dark Tomorrow" delayed

"Dark Tomorrow" delayed

This is the Message Board for the Mighty Crusaders Network!

Moderators: Captain Sprocket, leonmallett, Rik

Post Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:27 pm
Captain Sprocket User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

"Dark Tomorrow" is delayed until May 2014 for Mark Waid's spin on The Fox.

Link to story here: http://redcirclecomics.com/2013/04/22/red-circle-comics-announces-haspiel-and-waid-to-team-on-new-series/

Good move? Bad move? More Archie/DC Mighty Crusaders inconsistency?

MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

The Captain says a delay is better than a cancellation! But changing Fly Girl to "Firefly" & now reviving The Fox outta nowhere to replace "Dark Tomorrow"? The Captain thinks those are ominous signs...

Post Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:36 pm
captainzero User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

Captain Sprocket wrote:
The Captain says a delay is better than a cancellation! But changing Fly Girl to "Firefly" & now reviving The Fox outta nowhere to replace "Dark Tomorrow"? The Captain thinks those are ominous signs...

Oh, crap. I hate ominous signs.

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:11 am
Calum User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

The previously solicited New Crusaders: Dark Tomorrow will receive a new release date in early 2014.

This will never see print.

I seriously doubt this Fox series will see print either.
I only hope the TPB comes out before the whole thing goes down the tubes for another ten or twenty years.

This is the most disappointing announcement i have heard from Archie since i started collecting comics.
PS: Hey! Check out my music at http://www.calumsmusic.com and fill your ears with happiness!

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:32 am
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

Another bad sign?

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:46 am
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

The Captain thinks all of that evidence adds up to what sounds like a chaotic situation at Red Circle. Hopefully in due time Rik will be able to tell us what's really going on.

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:52 pm
captainzero User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

Captain Sprocket wrote:
The Captain thinks all of that evidence adds up to what sounds like a chaotic situation at Red Circle. Hopefully in due time Rik will be able to tell us what's really going on.

Good Captain. Check this out by Ian and Paul:

Paul Kaminski Post subject: Re: Comic Shop News: Dark TomorrowPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:45 pm

Sonic Editor and Grand Pubah

"I've almost finished writing Dark Tomorrow #3 and I've seen the in-production #1. I've got all of "Dark Tomorrow" plotted out, as well as the two arcs after that.

Have a little faith."

And Paul wrote:
"To add to that point --

Dark Tomorrow is happening, and everything going on now is going to expand Red Circle Comics into places we had only begun to think about as "Rise of the Heroes" took shape.

To give you some context, I've got a complete first issue, the pencils are coming in on 2, and they look AMAZING

I know its a drag to wait but we have new content coming out very soon in the New Crusaders: Legacy graphic novel, featuring new content from Ian that swirls around some of the classic red circle comics. It's a really cool, totally unique experience that I think everyone will dig.

And for the sonic fans out there, a few familiar faces will be handling some of the art on the new content, though i wouldn't want to spoil anything by saying who just yet! (i just did my first round of notes on the completed new story today and the pages look incredible!!)

Plans have evolved, true, but they've evolved and grown because New Crusaders received such a fantastic level of critical recognition

We all believe in Red Circle Comics at Archie, and we're only getting started
"

Post Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:10 am
Calum User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

pretty cheeky of him to tell fans to have a little faith.

As i recall 1983/1984 Red Circle was filled with "we have exciting things on the horizon" flannel right up to their very final issues. I don't recall any of the final issues in 1984 even mentioning that the series were being cancelled in fact! Archie and their staff can hardly blame fans for anticipating the death knoll this time around when their behaviour seems identical to that of Red Circle in 1983/1984.

I will believe it when i see it, and i think that's about as charitable as i can say, or that anyone can say. And when these issues come out i will buy them of course, and that's the end of it, really. I, as a fan, am fulfilling my side of the bargain, and Archie are pretty shaky on whether they can live up to their end. So far they have been all mouth and very little trousers, just like last time.

For example, i went to the official Red Circle website today ( at http://redcirclecomics.com/) and clicked the "forum" link only to get a 404 error. The forum's back now, so i have no evidence for you but it certainly didn't fill me with confidence.

PS - tell you what though, i haven't ever really been a fan of Sonic the Hedgehog comics, except that i *really* enjoyed Dave Manak's run right at the beginning of that series (and on the associated TV cartoon show, i think that was Manak's art but i don't have any reference to support that right now), so i hope that maybe Manak would be able to do some art if it were appropriate (though i think his style, ironically enough, would be best suited to The Fly!), obviously they have already got whoever they need for The Fox, but thinking back to Alex Toth's Fox stories, Dave Manak wouldn't be out of place doing some Fox one-shots i think.
PS: Hey! Check out my music at http://www.calumsmusic.com and fill your ears with happiness!

Post Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:22 pm
captainzero User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

Calum wrote:
pretty cheeky of him to tell fans to have a little faith.

As i recall 1983/1984 Red Circle was filled with "we have exciting things on the horizon" flannel right up to their very final issues. I don't recall any of the final issues in 1984 even mentioning that the series were being cancelled in fact! Archie and their staff can hardly blame fans for anticipating the death knoll this time around when their behaviour seems identical to that of Red Circle in 1983/1984.

I will believe it when i see it, and i think that's about as charitable as i can say, or that anyone can say. And when these issues come out i will buy them of course, and that's the end of it, really. I, as a fan, am fulfilling my side of the bargain, and Archie are pretty shaky on whether they can live up to their end. So far they have been all mouth and very little trousers, just like last time.

For example, i went to the official Red Circle website today ( at http://redcirclecomics.com/) and clicked the "forum" link only to get a 404 error. The forum's back now, so i have no evidence for you but it certainly didn't fill me with confidence.

Well said, sir. I agree. I will believe it when I see it. VERY little trousers.

Post Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:44 am
leonmallett User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

It looks like Alex Segura is entertaining the possibility of Dark Tomorrow still happening.

New Crusaders as a 'teen book' could fit a useful niche in a larger line-up.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=54162
You've mentioned that these books technically build on the universe that stretches back to the Golden Age, so I wonder what that means for the proposed "New Crusaders: Dark Tomorrow" series and some of the characters we had met there?

Obviously, I was around when we launched "New Crusaders," and Paul Kaminski has been involved on all the Dark Circle stuff. He's been on every e-mail, and between the two of us, we've got a nice little Dark Circle corner in the Archie offices. Having that continuity was huge. We're all fans of what "New Crusaders" did and those characters, and it's always on my mind how we can get back to that story, or at least show what happens in that miniseries. It's not off the table, but it's also not something that's on the front burner right now. I know a lot of fans have been asking about it, and we're as big of fans as what went into that book as anyone. So you'll probably see all that filter in down the line with some of these new books. That's not something we're ready to get deep into yet, but we're not sweeping it under the rug
Discovering new superhero worlds through the MLJ/Mighty Crusaders legacy...

Return to MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD!