Board index The Mighty Crusaders Network MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD! Will New Crusaders Fly-Girl become Firefly?

Will New Crusaders Fly-Girl become Firefly?

This is the Message Board for the Mighty Crusaders Network!

Moderators: Captain Sprocket, leonmallett, Rik

Captain Sprocket User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

Sure looks like it! Wonder if they're dealing with changing the character due to the Simon ownership of The Fly?

captainzero User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

Captain Sprocket wrote:
Sure looks like it! Wonder if they're dealing with changing the character due to the Simon ownership of The Fly?

Yes, it sure DOES look like it!!
Have you seen the cover of issue #4 with Dusty "brushing" up against the negative of "Firefly"!!??
One more step AWAY FROM Simon and Kirby's THE FLY.

I think this dashes our hopes for the return of Mr. Thomas Troy...and the magic rings.

I'm looking forward to seeingLEGACY OF THE CRUSADERS. We'll find out what is and is not "canon".!!

Captain, have you seen Comic Shop News #1346.??

There is a WONDERFUL picture of Steel Sterling, The Comet, The Black Hood, and The Hangman kickin' the crap out of an army of the "undead".

I'm excited to see where that story goes.
I'm really looking forward to reading that story!!

Calum User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

some discussion on that here: http://www.bumbleking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=334962#p334962

And in answer to the OP - i think it's a clear "yes"

I do wonder why they bothered having her start off as Fly Girl anyway though, instead of being Firefly from the start. maybe Fly Girl's brief stint as a DC character made them think this would appeal to more fans initially before they made the change?

One thing i like is they are not shying away from potential controversy in this series.
PS: Hey! Check out my music at http://www.calumsmusic.com and fill your ears with happiness!

Rik User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

Not sure why there is a change but Archie owns Fly-Girl, so it's not a rights issue.
It does flow out of the story with the mini-romance between Fly-Girl and Fireball, now Fireball is dead and she is Firefly.
Rik
http://www.mightycrusaders.net
Everything you ever wanted to know about the Mighty Crusaders, from the Golden Age to today.

Captain Sprocket User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

Thanks for the clarification, Rik. To the others, here you go:

captainzero User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

Captain Sprocket wrote:
captainzero wrote:
Captain, have you seen Comic Shop News #1346.??

No, I haven't. The city The Captain lives in ("Parts Unknown") doesn't have a comic book shop. (Hard to distribute comics to a place that can't be found!) Is it available to read anywhere online?

Captain, .... this is the first time I've felt sympathy for you. Not having a comic book shop or Comic Shop News in your city is one thing.... but you've got some ugly women there, too. (Sorry. No offense meant.!! Too much eye shadow, I think.)

On a more serious note, ....no, I haven't been able to find a place that has the NEW CRUSADERS:DARK TOMORROW article and pictures.
But the full cover of Dusty("Ape Wonder of the World") bumping up against that picture of "Firefly" (New Crusaders #4) is there, too.
I've looked...but I can't find it, yet.

Calum User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

I'll change my answer to the OP to "no" because imho the odds of Dark Tomorrow ever seeing print have gone down to 50/50 today, and will only get smaller from here on.
PS: Hey! Check out my music at http://www.calumsmusic.com and fill your ears with happiness!

captainzero User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

Calum wrote:
I'll change my answer to the OP to "no" because imho the odds of Dark Tomorrow ever seeing print have gone down to 50/50 today, and will only get smaller from here on.

Calum, have faith and see the latest post.

There's Good News.!!

leonmallett User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

Calum wrote:
some discussion on that here: http://www.bumbleking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=334962#p334962

And in answer to the OP - i think it's a clear "yes"

I do wonder why they bothered having her start off as Fly Girl anyway though, instead of being Firefly from the start. maybe Fly Girl's brief stint as a DC character made them think this would appeal to more fans initially before they made the change?

One thing i like is they are not shying away from potential controversy in this series.

Honestly I think it is to tie in the legacy of Fly-Girl, while being able to resurrect another existing MLJ heroes name.

I think it could be quite cool (assuming and hoping it appears that is!).
Discovering new superhero worlds through the MLJ/Mighty Crusaders legacy...

Return to MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD!