Board index The Mighty Crusaders Network MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD! Who would you like to see in a Mighty Crusaders' group??

Who would you like to see in a Mighty Crusaders' group??

This is the Message Board for the Mighty Crusaders Network!

Moderators: Captain Sprocket, leonmallett, Rik

captainzero User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

If the NEW CRUSADERS is a successful book, and Red Circle decides to start a new book with the title:
The Return of THE MIGHTY CRUSADERS!! --- who would you like to see on the team?? And Why??

Captain Sprocket User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

C'mon, cut a deal with the Simon family & bring back The Fly!

Plus I've just gotta address this: as much as Archie/Red Circle likes to put all its faith into The Shield character, I believe the mass audience perceives it as nothing more than a Captain America rip-off. (It doesn't make any difference whether The Shield is, by publication date, the "first patriotic American comic book superhero"; Captain America quickly became more popular.) Not to mention there's the Marvel Comics' S.H.I.E.L.D., "The Shield" TV series on FX starring Michael Chiklis & now WWE 's The Shield professional wrestling stable (Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns). Too many "Shield" names to compete with & each of those on a higher profile stage than Red Circle Comics.

I think The Fly is a much more unique character with a charming origin & rich history. Through the various attempts to revive the Mighty Crusaders after the early '80s version (including Impact, ARCHIE'S WEIRD MYSTERIES, DC), the team just doesn't seem "genuine" to me without The Fly. There's my 2 cents...

I would love to read an opinion piece on this subject at the First Comics News website by Rik Offenberger or that Chris Squires guy.

Calum User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

Obviously The Fly, definitely (though less obviously) Lancelot Strong. No actually i am not being 100% honest. I don't think Lance Strong was the best fit for the Crusaders, well actually he seemed a better fit than the Original Shield but that was the way they were being written at the time, but anyway, i just want to see the return (not even spectacular return, just stop pretending they never existed within the continuity) of The Fly and Lancelot Strong.

But i hope they do not have a separate Mighty Crusaders title, i would MUCH prefer to see a showcase book next (in the style of "JSA Classified", "Wanted" or "Showcase"). Then a solo book after that maybe? With a backup strip. Similar to how DC did the Red Circle comics, but with good writing and believable and original plotlines, the likes of which we are already seeing in New Crusaders.

One thing i would dearly love, but which will NEVER happen is to see Archie continuing the !mpact continuity as well, in the same way as they are picking up their own MLJ/Mighty continuity. Make them two alternate universes maybe? A seperate title for the !mpact stuff? With an eventual "Crisis on Earth One/Two" type crossover? I really liked some of the !mpact versions of the heroes (eg The Jaguar, excellent title except for the artwork, sadly reviled by both those who did and who didn't read it). Really would like to see what happened to them following Crucible 6.
PS: Hey! Check out my music at http://www.calumsmusic.com and fill your ears with happiness!

captainzero User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

Captain Sprocket wrote:
C'mon, cut a deal with the Simon family & bring back The Fly!

Plus I've just gotta address this: as much as Archie/Red Circle likes to put all its faith into The Shield character, I believe the mass audience perceives it as nothing more than a Captain America rip-off. (It doesn't make any difference whether The Shield is, by publication date, the "first patriotic American comic book superhero"; Captain America quickly became more popular.) Not to mention there's the Marvel Comics' S.H.I.E.L.D., "The Shield" TV series on FX starring Michael Chiklis & now WWE 's The Shield professional wrestling stable (Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns). Too many "Shield" names to compete with & each of those on a higher profile stage than Red Circle Comics.

I think The Fly is a much more unique character with a charming origin & rich history. Through the various attempts to revive the Mighty Crusaders after the early '80s version (including Impact, ARCHIE'S WEIRD MYSTERIES, DC), the team just doesn't seem "genuine" to me without The Fly. There's my 2 cents...

I would love to read an opinion piece on this subject at the First Comics News website by Rik Offenberger or that Chris Squires guy.

I totally agree, Captain.
I,too, want Thomas Troy, THE FLY, TO RETURN TO RED CIRCLE.!!
You sir, are right. The team just does NOT seem "genuine" without The FLY.
Thanks for your ..."2 cents..."
I'll raise you ...2 cents.!!

Captain Sprocket User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

Proof from Archie's Mad House #43 that The Fly should come back AND get top billing...

Here's the link to see both pages of this highly provocative & very controversial appearance: http://www.mightycrusaders.net/madhouse.htm

captainzero User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

Captain Sprocket wrote:
Proof from Archie's Mad House #43 that The Fly should come back AND get top billing...

I totally agree.

Geeee. There you are in the same panel as The Shield and The Fly!! Nice goin', Cap.!!

Yes, The Fly should return to The MIGHTY CRUSADERS ....AND...get top billing!!

AND...on the other side of THE SHIELD... his old friend, THE WIZARD!!

THE FLY!! THE SHIELD!! and THE WIZARD!!
(The DREAM TEAM!! for me. These three should STAR!!)
[The others should be co-stars in the production.!!]

lets see... the shield ( bill instead of joe , the whole father son dynamic would be great ,living up to THAT legacy, the fox (80's /martial arts based) darkling (mystery) maybe even throw in some imact! editions of the fly and the black hood ,

captainzero User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

The Shield
The Wizard
The Black Hood
Steel Sterling
The Comet
The Hangman
with...Dusty and Roy.!!

After that picture in Comic Shop News...

I don't think we'll see THE FLY again.
I think the decision against his return has been made.

Return to MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD!