Board index The Mighty Crusaders Network MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD! Things you would LIKE to see at Red Circle:

Things you would LIKE to see at Red Circle:

This is the Message Board for the Mighty Crusaders Network!

Moderators: Captain Sprocket, leonmallett, Rik

captainzero User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

Things you would like to see at Red Circle:

I'll go first:

1)I would like to see THE SHIELD and THE WIZARD team-up together.
They teamed up once or twice in the '40's ....and I would like to see them back together, again.

2) I would like to see a Golden Age team-book, maybe to start with :
The SHIELD
DUSTY
THE WIZARD
ROY, The Wonder Boy
MR. JUSTICE
KALTHAR and
KARDAK.

If it starts there, it's quite alright with me!!

3) The return of many of the MLJ heroes to the Red Circle books. Heroes like:
The BLACK HOOD
THE HANGMAN
THE WIZARD
ROY, The Wonder Boy
DUSTY, The Boy Detective
STEEL STERLING
THE FOX
FIREBALL
INFERNO
FIREFLY
THE WEB
THE SHIELD
MR. JUSTICE
all in GOLDEN AGE adventures!! That lay the foundation for RED CIRCLE COMICS.!!

HOW about YOU??
What would you like to see happen in The Red Circle Universe?? ,!-- s:) -->:),!-- s:) -->

Captain Sprocket User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

I'm satisfied with the way it's currently going. I'm afraid if they try too much too soon the line will lose focus, then sales & be canceled. "Less Is More."

captainzero User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

yeah, I can't disagree. They are moving just about right.
If they move "too fast" they could destroy everything. You are right, sir.
It will take time to build a quality line with a story that's told just right.

But....(and that's a big but) that photo and the words: "You remember how it all started" ....may mean that they will do something at the beginning of the "Red Circle Universe"... so I was hoping for a team book for the MLJ heroes.
Just because we would "like" to see something, doesn't mean they'll be forced to do it. "Talk is cheap."

We shouldn't be afraid to "just talk about what we may want"!!

I'm just thinking about the "spine" of the "story.".... the entire Legacy is built on a foundation. That "foundation" is the early adventures of the Golden Age MLJ characters.
Therein lies the beginning. From Maybe 1940-thru to-- the end of the War...

Then, there is a "middle period"... say, from 1964-65 to the end of the first Mighty Crusaders run...
and a second "middle period".....say, from 1983 ---to the end of the second Mighty Crusaders run....

Then, to the Present period...starting with THE NEW CRUSADERS #1.

The "word" is that people (like Chuck Dixon and others) are are going to "tie-up" the loose ends.

Sooooo, I was just operating on those assumptions.

I hope I never impede what Ian, Paul, and the Brain trust are trying to do.!!
You and I both remember what a time we had with DC when they were handling the Red Circle characters.
Holy crap!!
All of the high expectations....and the tremendous(at least, for me) come down when we began to see what DC was doing. Yikes.!! I don't want to go through that again.

These guys seem to have a REAL handle on the characters and the talent to pull off some great comicbooks.

It will be fun to see how they smooth over some of the "rough" areas of the Red Circle Universe!!

And make THE RED CIRCLE UNIVERSE hum!! ,!-- s:) -->:),!-- s:) -->

Oh, and it looks like The Black Hood and The Hangman....and Dusty and Roy...Bob Phantom ...The Comet and others are already showing up!! (Which is fine by me!!)

Calum User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

What i want to see in New Crusaders/Red Circle:

So far they have done everything right. New stories about new characters, richly rooted in the existing continuity (so far this is almost totally different than DC's approaches).

Also, backup stories, featuring flashback stories and much loved characters. I enjoyed this at DC, when they did post-Crisis stories set in the '40s or '50s, it enriched their continuity for a long time before the reboots and excessive elseworlds got to be too much. I think Archie can afford to do as many flashback stories as possible and i hope they keep these as an ongoing feature in New Crusaders.

I hope they will allow New Crusaders to build a solid following before doing a second monthly book, and i am fairly sure that will be The Shield. If so, i hope they focus on the Shield's rich history, and i would dearly love them to refer to Lance Strong in the backup stories. He was an underused character with a lot of potential. I am fairly sure that he cannot be used though, which is a great shame. Same with The Fly, though i think what they did with Fly-Girl carrying on the original Fly-Girl's legacy is a very very neat way of dealing with this.

Basically i want to see Red Circle carry on for years successfully, and continue to bring us new new stories, and new flashback stories as well. What i don't want to see is yet another effort where it's barely started but it's finished.

Time will tell though, and i'll be buying every issue to see how it goes.
PS: Hey! Check out my music at http://www.calumsmusic.com and fill your ears with happiness!

captainzero User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

"I hope they will allow New Crusaders to build a solid following before doing a second monthly book, and i am fairly sure that will be The Shield. If so, i hope they focus on the Shield's rich history, and i would dearly love them to refer to Lance Strong in the backup stories. He was an underused character with a lot of potential. I am fairly sure that he cannot be used though, which is a great shame. Same with The Fly, though i think what they did with Fly-Girl carrying on the original Fly-Girl's legacy is a very very neat way of dealing with this. "
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, I agree with you about building a solid following before doing a second monthly book...but there isn't much room to develop that backstory of The Lost Crusade.

.... and I think, they are going to do a second book:
like THE LOST CRUSADE.
I COULD be wrong but I think they've already said they are.

I know the concern of moving too fast....and having things collapse.... I want to believe they know what they are doing.

I know I want them to move a little faster and give us a Team book from(1) The Mighty Crusaders IN 1985 to tie up all those loose ends,
(2) A Golden Age Team book of The MLJ heroes...
(3) A SHIELD-WIZARD team book...
(4) A SHIELD BOOK...
and probably a (5) SHOWCASE/BRAVE &BOLD/TALES TO ASTONISH --type book to showcase other heroes that are "trying out" for a book of their own...

But I don't think Ian, Paul, or the Brain Trust would listen to me. (Thankfully. Because, yes, I would be moving TOO fast for the marketplace. I just throw out ideas that I would "LIKE" to see.) Projection. Wants. Not really thinking they should move on them.
It will take time to build a readership base for the line.

If they keep doing what they are doing, ...
and keep the quality up in the story-telling and art....

.....some of my wants may see fruition farther down the line. Don't you think???

Answer from the future: Feb. 17, 2013:
Yes, "fan-boy" ...maybe your "wants" will find fruition farther (or is it further) down the line.

I, too, would like to see a Golden Age MLJ team of heroes like:
1) The Shield
2) Dusty
3) The Wizard
4) Roy, the Wonder Boy
5) The Comet
6) The Black Hood
7) Steel Sterling... all in a nice little team.

So, even if you are still talking to yourself --- you still want the same thing.
(Hope other posters arrive soon. This talking to yourself is a bit.....ah, disconcerning. ,!-- s[8^0) -->[8^0),!-- s[8^0) -->

But, ya know what, ...it might be possible to hire all kinds of artists and writers to do six issue arcs on any number of heroes and not be too concerned with "deadlines."

Something to consider.!! (But please stop posting to yourself.)

[o.k.!!]

Return to MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD!