Board index The Mighty Crusaders Network MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD! NEW CRUSADERS #5 Review

NEW CRUSADERS #5 Review

This is the Message Board for the Mighty Crusaders Network!

Moderators: Captain Sprocket, leonmallett, Rik

Post Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:19 am
Rik User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

Rik
http://www.mightycrusaders.net
Everything you ever wanted to know about the Mighty Crusaders, from the Golden Age to today.

Post Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:19 am
Captain Sprocket User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

I don't know who this Chris Squires dude is, but I sure like his writing!

Post Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:48 pm
Rik User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

Me too! ,!-- s;) -->;),!-- s;) -->
Rik
http://www.mightycrusaders.net
Everything you ever wanted to know about the Mighty Crusaders, from the Golden Age to today.

Post Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:05 pm
captainzero User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

Yes, I agree with him, too.
I'm really glad he pointed out the things he did.
Especially:
"I believe a great comic leaves you desperately waiting for the next issue’s arrival. The 30 days just can’t go by fast enough! That was my feeling when reading the Marvel comics of Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, Steve Ditko, et al in the 1960s. Now, 50 years later & “grown up” (does a true comics fan really ever grow up?), NEW CRUSADERS #5 delivers the same sensation."

Guys, this is the kind of "Return of the Crusaders" that we wanted to see from the last couple of attempts of our MLJ heroes.
Finally, I think the MLJ heroes are going to be "well done"(or done well) and give us that "sensation" we have been waiting for ....for decades!!
The reviewer hit it right on the head about how I feel. This is THE great comic that leaves me desperately waiting for the next issue's arrival... just like the feelings I felt after reading Fantastic Four #4....and jumping on the Marvel Bandwagon.
This could REALLY turn into THE RED CIRCLE AGE of comics!! If they keep this up....who knows how far this will go.!!!?
This is the exciting return we've waited for.

I want them to be doing three (3) books --- at least-- right now.

1) The New Crusaders...
2) The RETURN OF THE MIGHTY CRUSADERS...
and
3) THE GOLDEN AGE OF MLJ!! starting from that photo, "You remember how this all started?"

I think Ian, Paul, and the "brain trust" are REALLY handling this "roll-out" just right.

SSSCCCccrrrrreeeech!!! Just got my hands on #5.... and that back up story of Black Hood by Gray Morrow has me giving second thoughts to The Red Circle. That's a terrible Black Hood....I just hate the looks of that character.
I think I'm preparing to bail out on this attempt at returning the MLJ. For one shimmering, shiny moment I thought FINALLY ....FINALLY there is the talent to do the MLJ right.

My hope is quickly fading. I'm looking around for my parachute.(Only kiddin'!! ,!-- s:) -->:),!-- s:) --> )

Does it bother anyone else???

Return to MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD!