Board index The Mighty Crusaders Network MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD! NEW CRUSADERS: DARK TOMORROW

NEW CRUSADERS: DARK TOMORROW

This is the Message Board for the Mighty Crusaders Network!

Moderators: Captain Sprocket, leonmallett, Rik

Post Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:22 pm
Captain Sprocket User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

Arrives May 2013. For more details, click here: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/60112

Post Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:43 pm
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

Here's the real cover (although the other will be available as a variant edition).

Post Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:46 am
leonmallett User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

Oh, I so want the variant!

Thanks Captain. ,!-- s:) -->:),!-- s:) -->
Discovering new superhero worlds through the MLJ/Mighty Crusaders legacy...

Post Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:38 pm
captainzero User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

Yes, they are GREAT covers!!!
I think there is also a third cover.... with Archie in the action. (Kinda.) He's been knocked down, I think.
Anyone get a picture of that cover.??

It means that I'll be buying ALL three covers....but I'm not complaining....just reporting.

I love that yellow background cover, too!! They've put a little "aging" on it that really "trips my trigger"!!

I can't wait for "Dark Tomorrow"...

And I'm REALLY excitedly waiting for the first "Lost Crusade" ....Return of The Mighty Crusaders cover, too.

My "nitpick" with Ian and Paul is that they don't have enough issues coming out.....every month.

But I know they are trying to "roll-out" this LEGACY with QUALITY ....SO, I know it takes time to "do things right".

I'm already asking for 80-page Summer Annuals .... 3 of them:
One....THE NEW CURSADERS.
the second: RETURN OF THE MIGHTY CRUSADERS.
The third: THE GOLDEN AGE OF MLJ.

So I have to "throttle back" ....and just watch this thing unfold.

I hope the GOLDEN AGE MLJ HEROES show up soon, though.
I would love to see a Golden Age Team Book with:....
THE SHIELD
THE WIZARD
DUSTY
ROY
THE COMET
STEEL STERLING
THE BLACK HOOD
.....at least, be the base of the team book.

MAY is a long time to wait....but I guess I'm up to it.
THIS TIME THE TALENT IS THERE TO WRITE AND DRAW OUR HEROES WITH QUALITY STORY-TELLING AND A REAL RESPECT FOR THE MLJ !! .

I can't wait for what lies aheadl!!

Post Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:41 am
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

CORRECTION! This is the other variant cover. I'm sorry for posting it as the original. (But that does still look like Archie in the lower right hand corner.)

Post Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:17 pm
captainzero User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

And the kids (New Crusaders) are back at school.
Which of those three covers could a fan turn down??

Personally, I'm hoping Archie gets a little involved.!!
Done right, I think it could work.
Whether he's actually in the story....well, we'll see.!!

I remember a "team-up" or meeting of Archie and The Punisher that seemed to "work". I really liked the story. Archie working well with the MLJ heroes would be a dream come true. You know, done well.

Nice cover, though. Our heroes look really heroic.!! They look just GREAT!! ,!-- s:!: -->:!:,!-- s:!: -->

I think the "Red Circle Guys" (Ian, Paul, the "Brain Trust" and everyone else from inkers to colorists) are really doing a wonderful, wonderful job on our heroes. The better they get, the greater the hopes for even more --starts to mount.

As far as Archie's involvement,--- I think of an early Rick Jones, or Snapper Carr,.... or one of the kid gangs that Joe Simon and Jack Kirby used to work into their stories.(like The Newsboy Legion, Boy Commandos, etc. or the Bowery Boys or The Young Allies that backed up Bucky and Toro...that kind of kid gang stuff.) ... that keep the heroes from getting too far away from "the people." (Like Kirby's kast of characters.)
I hope the RC Guys remember the "street people" ....(nothing like a crowd of street people running for their lives.... away from the villains raining down destruction on the city....)

[heck, even Jughead, Betty, and Reggie could be part of Archie's "gang". Once in a while they could play a crucial part of a story: Accidentally discovering part of the mystery that the heroes need uncovered... or stumbling across a hideout that a villain is using....that kinda thing.) Food for thought.!!

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:45 am
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

Please see my correction above on the status of the cover & variants.

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:51 pm
captainzero User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

Captain Sprocket wrote:
Please see my correction above on the status of the cover & variants.

Captain, you're forgiven. You've brought us the covers....and they're GREAT!! Thanks, alot.

No response to my post??? Geeesh. I sometimes feel like either a thread-killer or just posting to myself.

Seriously, --- thanks for bringing those covers. Man, I love the one with the yellow-background.
The stories are of high quality and we're just getting started on what could be a wonderful Red Circle Universe of GREAT, GREAT story-telling.
You're ALWAYS bringing the "good stuff".
Main cover: cool.
1st variant cover: cool!
2nd variant cover: kool!!
Notice how they are a reflect of each other!! Very, very cool!!

Kids! School bus!! Archie!! Where are they?? Riverdale High?? Yikes!!

Oh, and I really wanted to see more MLJ heroes on the covers. This time I got FOUR!!
THE SHIELD, THE COMET, THE WEB, and STEEL STERLING.!! So Great, as far as I'm concerned.

Return to MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD!