Board index The Mighty Crusaders Network MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD! Download the New Crusaders App!

Download the New Crusaders App!

This is the Message Board for the Mighty Crusaders Network!

Moderators: Captain Sprocket, leonmallett, Rik

Post Tue May 22, 2012 6:20 pm
minton-

I really like the Red Circle app! I am especially thrilled with getting to see all the back features of the original Pep comics that I never saw before! Actually, I had never even seen the original Jack Cole Comet pages before, only the eighties series that referenced the stories. While it is not the work for which Jack Cole is the most known (Plastic Man and the original Daredevil) his layouts and sequential narrative style are fantastic as always! The Shield stories are great to have in the app, and having lived in China, I also really liked Fu Chang (though it is set in S.F's Chinatown, not China)! It's always interesting to see that peculiar 1930's and 40's Anglo impression of Far Eastern cultures, and surprisingly, Fu Chang is not completely a stereotype! The other features, such as the jungle giant-man are a fun read as well.
The main feature of the app is off to a good start by introducing the original characters as retired and middle-aged, setting up for the new generation. I bet the writers are going to have Bill Higgins show up somewhere down the line- I wonder how that is going to be handled!
I also dig the new character designs, especially the young Web, who sees connections between people, and the costume design for the new Jaguar looks cool. A big challenge will be setting the young heroes apart from DC and Marvel characters, but it looks like the Archie co. have a plan and seem to know what they are doing. It is great to see Archie comics handling their own characters, with the respect they are giving the heritage. I think if this app is a success, they might even publish a Crusaders comic and get it out to the stands alongside their humor mags!

Post Tue May 22, 2012 7:15 pm
Captain Sprocket User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

The printed comics will be out in August, I think. http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=38135

Return to MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD!