Board index The Mighty Crusaders Network MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD! RIP: Joe Simon

RIP: Joe Simon

This is the Message Board for the Mighty Crusaders Network!

Moderators: Captain Sprocket, leonmallett, Rik

Post Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:08 pm
Captain Sprocket User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

Post Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:10 pm
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

Post Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:16 pm
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

Post Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:00 am
Rik User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

Where did you get that image? I would love to see a larger version
Rik
http://www.mightycrusaders.net
Everything you ever wanted to know about the Mighty Crusaders, from the Golden Age to today.

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:02 pm

I am an admirer of his body of work. One of my favorite TPBs in my collection is Archie's Adventures of the FLY TPB. It includes all of the Simon and Kirby issues of the FLY. What great imagination! What coolly drawn action panels!

If anyone has any pull with Archie, can a deal be sorted out between the owners of Archie Comics and the estates of both Simon and Kirby to creat a Lancelot Strong TPB? It can include both issues of the DOUBLE LIFE OF PRIVATE LANCELOT STRONG and the 1980s Shield/Shield-Steel Sterling/Steel Sterling stories (I remember even in the last couple issues of Steel Sterling there were tributes to Lancelot Strong in the form of back up stories). It would be a great volume to include to the Simon and Kirby legacy!

Maybe Archie can work with Simon's son/estate to add digital comics of some of these Simon/Kirby characters on line? Imagine more new stories featuring the Fly, Lancelot Strong, and other characters! The advantage of digital is that there is no print publication risk.

Return to MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD!