Board index The Mighty Crusaders Network MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD! At long last the cover to Mighty Crusaders #14

At long last the cover to Mighty Crusaders #14

This is the Message Board for the Mighty Crusaders Network!

Moderators: Captain Sprocket, leonmallett, Rik

captainzero User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

Rik wrote:
And the Black Hood Radio Show is HERE

Yep, it was radio shows like this that I subjected myself to when I was 4 or 5.

We had no such thing as TV.... so we "zoned" out looking at the radio... and engaged our imaginations to the "theatre of the mind". (Or I just laid back and closed my eyes and imagined all that was going on.) It deepened the imagination far more than that TV devise ever did... and for a 5 or 6 or 7 year old... it was the greatest of fun.

It was great preparation for the next big jump in action and adventure... the Saturday Afternoon Serials.
Life was fun and so exciting.!!!

Thanks, again, Rik. What a great reminder of a world far, far away....and long, long ago.

The saddest part... all of the other shows are lost in time.

Calum User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

Original Shield 5 was great by the way. I also found an unpublished Blue Ribbon vol 2 # 15 in a torrent file not long ago (uncoloured).

Have you guys seen that issue? It can probably be shared round too, since Archie never published it, and so they do not own the copyright? I haven't read it yet, but it features Cat Girl.
PS: Hey! Check out my music at http://www.calumsmusic.com and fill your ears with happiness!

Captain Sprocket User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

How do we find that Blue Ribbon Vol 2 #15?

Calum User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

well i found it in a torrent file with a lot of Laugh/Pep sections featuring Jaguar/Fly/Fly-girl, though i couldn't find it when i searched for it in google just now (i did find this though, it has all the old 40s ones from MLJ, but also contains the not-legal-to-distribute ones from 1960s, 1980s and !mpact, as well as a few other things marked "unpublished" including Original Shield 5 and a 1980s Lancelot Strong that i hadn't heard of... http://bitsnoop.com/mlj-archie-radio-mighty-red-circle-q4215368.html)

But i do have that Blue Ribbon 15 at home on the computer and i can slap it online and post a link soon if you like.
PS: Hey! Check out my music at http://www.calumsmusic.com and fill your ears with happiness!

Calum User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

captain zero wrote:
Yes, Rik... and it would be great if there was art from that issue. Maybe the Ayers estate would allow Archie to reprint it... in a final digest of the Crusaders.
That would enhance the collection... and be a real enjoyment to "diehard" Crusader fans... to have that story.... that was never released.
Just the cover would add to the collection... and whatever story ...reprinted and colored would be of value.

I just noticed this, yes, this'd be awesome, though whether Archie are allowed to print it and whether they'd want to are two different things. They seem to be going down a different path (and not one that's entirely artistically, OR economically motivated, i fear).

But i wonder if a fan project such as Alter Ego (for example, or any fan project that still exists really!) might be a more likely platform for this to see light of day in, if it actually exists mind you.

I am guessing Archie would get in a bit of a snit about it though, since they're still using a lot of the characters, even though reprinting this story in a fan magazine would undoubtedly raise their profile (in a better way than them threatening a lawsuit would!)

captainzero User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

What do you guys think Archie is doing??

Pinning the hopes of re-starting THE MIGHTY CRUSADERS on Waid's ...The Fox??

If it sells well, .....Archie will start to branch out from there???

This "postponement" of THE NEW CRUSADERS doesn't make any sense to me.
Maybe, inspite of artistic acclaim --- the New Crusaders didn't sell well.

So, why not Return the heroes that the comic base IS familiar with: THE MIGHTY CRUSADERS!!

Why NOT give THE SHIELD a book of his own.... even if it is a bi-monthly.??
Give him a good writer and artist.... and give him a "try-out".!!??

Calum User avatar
Gem Mint
Gem Mint

to be honest, with their erratic internal issues, Archie will never manage anything other than a sporadic effort at Red Circle. They only manage to hold onto the sales of their kids' books because of the fact they cater to a niche other publishers have left alone for decades, and they are well thought of by parents (who haven't read comics themselves for decades).

so yes, they might as well finish off their existing stories and publish all the characters we want to see, because either way it'll result in sales disasters, hasty reorganisations, and early cancellations, so we might as well get a few good comics out of it before the phoenix dies in flames once more.

Previous

Return to MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD!