Board index The Mighty Crusaders Network MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD! Mighty's Marvel Rip-Off

Mighty's Marvel Rip-Off

This is the Message Board for the Mighty Crusaders Network!

Moderators: Captain Sprocket, leonmallett, Rik

Post Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:30 pm
Captain Sprocket User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

Posted by Captain Sprocket on April 28, 2004, 12:42 am

Was there any threat of legal action against Archie (as the "Mighty Comics Group") by Marvel for so blatantly copying their look; that is the heroes pictures in the rectangular box on the top left side? I remember reading something in Marvel's "Bullpen Bulletins" but I'm curious if it went any further than a fleeting comment on a letters page.

Post Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:31 pm
Rik User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

Posted by Rik on April 28, 2004, 1:25 am, in reply to "Mighty's Marvel Rip-Off"

I would be shocked if Marvel thought that Archie was hurting their sales, but anything is possible.
Rik
http://www.mightycrusaders.net
Everything you ever wanted to know about the Mighty Crusaders, from the Golden Age to today.

Post Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:34 pm
Captain Sprocket User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

Posted by Captain Sprocket on April 28, 2004, 8:59 am, in reply to "Re: Mighty's Marvel Rip-Off"

Understood. I'm interested, however, in getting more back story on who thought such incredibly
$#!++y books could be successful...much less even published! I mean, wasn't there someone with enough integrity to say, "We're putting on names on this crap?" or "We're going to do THAT to our characters?" or "How are we going to make money publishing junk like this?"

Post Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:34 pm
Rik User avatar
MightyCrusaders.net
MightyCrusaders.net

Posted by Rik on April 28, 2004, 10:11 am, in reply to "MORE: Mighty's Marvel Rip-Off"

They had the creator of Superman, writing in what they thought was a cross between the Batman TV show and Marvel style. Look at all the personla problems they gave to poor Bill Higins.
Keep in mind that the Fly ran from August 1959 to September 1966 so they though they had a hit.
Rik
http://www.mightycrusaders.net
Everything you ever wanted to know about the Mighty Crusaders, from the Golden Age to today.

Post Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:36 pm
Yocitrus User avatar
Poor
Poor

Posted by Yocitrus on April 30, 2004, 2:38 am, in reply to "Re: MORE: Mighty's Marvel Rip-Off"

I've said it before and I'll say it again.
Never criticise a man's job, woman or taste in comics. They is fighting words for many.
or

One man's "$#!++y books" is another man's harmless entertainment. I personally would never confuse a Mighty Comics Presents with a good Marvel or DC but they still were a fun read. None of them were meant to be Shakespear!

-Yoc

Return to MIGHTY CRUSADERS MESSAGE BOARD!